Is there supposed tto be a lock washer here?

Mower manic

Well-Known Member
DSC_0002.jpg


This nut work itelf loose yesterday and of course I could not restart. I've had this apart at least 4 times and I suspect that I may have omitted the lock washer. I also found that this nut requires 15/16 socket, which I did not have (bought one at Lowes last night...they have some nice sockets there and you don't have to buy a set, you can buy the separately), I was surprised and wondered how I reassembled it the last time. I guess I used a 7/8 and did not go hard on it
 
I have seen a lock washer OR a plain washer under that nut... also no washer at all...
If the threads are good and there is no shoulder that would prevent the nut from tightening... you should be good without a lock washer.. get it tight regardless ... I like just a flat washer..:smile:KennyV
 
I have seen a lock washer OR a plain washer under that nut... also no washer at all...
If the threads are good and there is no shoulder that would prevent the nut from tightening... you should be good without a lock washer.. get it tight regardless ... I like just a flat washer..:smile:KennyV

Thanks kenny
Oh by the way it's a 6.7h hp biggs engine about 10 yers old
 
DSC_0002.jpg


This nut work itelf loose yesterday and of course I could not restart. I've had this apart at least 4 times and I suspect that I may have omitted the lock washer. I also found that this nut requires 15/16 socket, which I did not have (bought one at Lowes last night...they have some nice sockets there and you don't have to buy a set, you can buy the separately), I was surprised and wondered how I reassembled it the last time. I guess I used a 7/8 and did not go hard on it

There should be a spring washer under there it is kinda cup shaped.
 
Back
Top