Is there a way to tighten the self propelled belt?

2.7

Forum Newbie
My mower doesn't move forward anymore. The belt is still present and not broke it moves as well, but it's not tight enough to propel it.

Any DIY? I can't find anything online about tightening the belt, only replacement.

The mower is a craftsman 650 series 190cc
 
Is there a tensioner on the belt?

there isnt a tensioner on the belt, what happens is when you engage the system a horizontal wheel moves to engage the belt (parasitic load) and then the wheels will turn.
Another issue I notice sometimes is that the gears/teeth on the inner side of the deck wheels gets worn and therefore they won't spin.
So check: 1 cable moving freely 2 belt wear 3 deck wheels
 
Take the two drive wheels off . You might see that the plastic teeth have worn away .
I need to change my drive wheels every few years ( bumpy lawn )
You can get wheels on eBay less than sears parts center .
Wheels come off in a few seconds with 9/16 socket.
 
Back
Top