Is the blade clutch out on my 14sb?

whisperbow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just took out my mower and pulled the rope but it barely pulled. I read a thread about possible clutch problems and the person said he could lock down the clutch lever and it would start but mine won't. I have watched utubes to replace the clutch but before I do, I would like to know if the motor will turn over and start with the clutch removed, assuming it is a clutch problem. I am trying to verify if this is the problem.Just joined the forum and would like some advise.
Si

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome....

upupandaway

Threads
I just took out my mower and pulled the rope but it barely pulled. I read a thread about possible clutch problems and the person said he could lock down the clutch lever and it would start but mine won't. I have watched utubes to replace the clutch but before I do, I would like to know if the motor will turn over and start with the clutch removed, assuming it is a clutch problem. I am trying to verify if this is the problem.Just joined the forum and would like some advise.
Si
Would u clarify- is it hard to pull start? Sqeeze the bar but not engage the blade and it is easy to pull\start.
Yeah, it will run with the clutch removed.

JoeM(GA)

Threads
Kinda sounds like the bearing in the BBC lower half is locked up and it’s trying to turn everything with brake on