Is it worth it?

afoulk

Threads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this John Deere on CL and I'm really tempted to buy it, but what do you guys think its worth if it runs ok? Any idea's on who made it for John Deere, or did they make their own at one time? I wanted to say the deck looked like a old Snapper Hi-Vac, but it looks different in the back. Looks like it might be aluminum. I was thinking maybe Toro? Does not appear to be self propelled.
John Deere "Old" Lawn Mower

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you have a buyer, I would stay away from it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this John Deere on CL and I'm really tempted to buy it, but what do you guys think its worth if it runs ok? Any idea's on who made it for John Deere, or did they make their own at one time? I wanted to say the deck looked like a old Snapper Hi-Vac, but it looks different in the back. Looks like it might be aluminum. I was thinking maybe Toro? Does not appear to be self propelled.
John Deere "Old" Lawn Mower

If it runs it is worth the money. I guess it depends on why you want to buy it. If it runs and you want it to cut grass it is a fair price. If you are buying it for resale it just depends on who is hunting one to buy and why they want it.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe part Lawn Boy?

3E63F43Nb5L85K75J8d3k1f0760a7539a1289.jpg

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is a similar model I found, although the engine configuration and wheels on yours scream an old Snapper.
attachment.php

yourguess11.png