Is an EGO better?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have never done the maths covering the embedded polution in an electic mower as comparred to a petrol mower
For EV's it is very much a function of he battery size but at the low end they come in at around 30 to 40 times the embeded polution of a petrol vehicle , we used a 6 cylinder for the calcs because when it was done 6 cylinders were the most popular engine type but now days it will probably be a V 8
When you get to things like SUV's with the biggest battery they can go into triple figures so you hae have to drive them for a million miles to get the the same starting point as a petrol car .

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have never done the maths covering the embedded polution in an electic mower as comparred to a petrol mower
For EV's it is very much a function of he battery size but at the low end they come in at around 30 to 40 times the embeded polution of a petrol vehicle , we used a 6 cylinder for the calcs because when it was done 6 cylinders were the most popular engine type but now days it will probably be a V 8
When you get to things like SUV's with the biggest battery they can go into triple figures so you hae have to drive them for a million miles to get the the same starting point as a petrol car .
When it comes to battery versus gas, whether it be a trimmer or a Tesla 18 wheeler truck, people often don’t consider all the points and impacts of environmental issues, costs, and real life function. Do some reading online and it will open your eyes. Obviously not a battery fan here.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When it comes to battery versus gas, whether it be a trimmer or a Tesla 18 wheeler truck, people often don’t consider all the points and impacts of environmental issues, costs, and real life function. Do some reading online and it will open your eyes. Obviously not a battery fan here.
I have nothing against anything that is battery powered
I do have problems with them being sold under the BS premise that they are less polluting
Buy one because it is convienent for you no worries but battery powered stuff comes with a massive environmental cost before it comes out of the box

When I comes to cars, great idea and I will que up to buy one, the same day a suitable battery is invented .
Li shoulld never be used on anything that requires more than a few milli watts of power
So watches, fine, lap tops OK, phones sure thing , torches great , drills, saw , mowers , bikes not so good and cars bad idea
And I could find 1400 people who parked their car at Lutton airport who will agree 100% after that hybrid Land Rover SUV burned the whole place down , including doing £ 20,000 of damage to the car park which will need to be demolished .
Should make an interesting insurance claim .

Then there are the children forced to work in the cobalt mines run by terrorist militas in the DRC and despite the green blue washing of Apple , Nokia , Tesla , De Walt etc etc etc the DRC supplies 80 % of the worlds cobalt and the "good mines" only account for around 1/3 the rest is controlled by warlords & terrorists so all of them can not be using "clean Green" cobalt . Then there are the graphite mines , residents are still suing for damages . I could go on & on .
The pollution generated by Li mining is on an astronomically toxic and large level .

Forcing car companies to manufacture cars that have a 20 year service life will do a lot more to reduce pollution than replacing every car on the planet with an EV

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have nothing against anything that is battery powered
I do have problems with them being sold under the BS premise that they are less polluting
Buy one because it is convienent for you no worries but battery powered stuff comes with a massive environmental cost before it comes out of the box

When I comes to cars, great idea and I will que up to buy one, the same day a suitable battery is invented .
Li shoulld never be used on anything that requires more than a few milli watts of power
So watches, fine, lap tops OK, phones sure thing , torches great , drills, saw , mowers , bikes not so good and cars bad idea
And I could find 1400 people who parked their car at Lutton airport who will agree 100% after that hybrid Land Rover SUV burned the whole place down , including doing £ 20,000 of damage to the car park which will need to be demolished .
Should make an interesting insurance claim .

Then there are the children forced to work in the cobalt mines run by terrorist militas in the DRC and despite the green blue washing of Apple , Nokia , Tesla , De Walt etc etc etc the DRC supplies 80 % of the worlds cobalt and the "good mines" only account for around 1/3 the rest is controlled by warlords & terrorists so all of them can not be using "clean Green" cobalt . Then there are the graphite mines , residents are still suing for damages . I could go on & on .
The pollution generated by Li mining is on an astronomically toxic and large level .

Forcing car companies to manufacture cars that have a 20 year service life will do a lot more to reduce pollution than replacing every car on the planet with an EV
The negative environmental impact on good old planet earth due to mining for necessary materials has been, and will continue to be massive. The irony of the “green people “ helping the planet by using batteries really bothers me.

Manufacturing these products that are powered by batteries still takes fossil fuels to produce and the raw materials such as plastic, metal, etc. are just like in gas equipment. So when you throw away the “green product” into the landfill, you aren’t helping the planet.

The fact that the U.S. government and media are pushing battery equipment and vehicles down our throats, really pisses me off. If a product or service is superior to the competition, let the free market allow the natural benefits to play out. Not banning blowers, or forcing regulations, or subsidizing purchases (like electric cars) to help offset increased costs. Remember, when the government subsidies an electric vehicle by say $7000 as an incentive to buy it over gas, that money is paid for the taxpayer.

Just returned from the Equipment Expo in Louisville, Kentucky (largest outdoor power equipment trade show in the world), and there was more battery equipment on display than you could shake a stick at. Battery is here to stay, I just want people to be aware of the pros, cons, and consequences. I personally, will stick with gas, forever.

upupandaway

Threads
I currently have a Toro Recycler 163cc. I have been struggling getting my lawn mowed with it. I have a new house and the lawn is very thick and causes the blades to get caught and the engine stops. I have been heavily considering getting an EGO lawn mower. Does anyone know if there is a EGO model that is more powerful than my 163cc engine?

Thank you!
If you don't discharge the grass, ANY mower will bog down and die. Use the bag or get the discharge chute. That will solve your problem.
As posted by others - electric won't solve your problem.

upupandaway

Threads
Just returned from the Equipment Expo in Louisville, Kentucky (largest outdoor power equipment trade show in the world), and there was more battery equipment on display than you could shake a stick at. Battery is here to stay, I just want people to be aware of the pros, cons, and consequences. I personally, will stick with gas, forever.
They happened to have Hustler, Cub Cadet, etc on display at a convention at the hotel I was at the other day. I mean Hustler?? Your lawn business must only cut 2 yards a day, right??? Or do u carry around 10 sets of batteries?

ps. recent post home user trimmer battery went bad.... after only 2 years of home use. How many $1000's are cali lawn guys going to spend every year on new batteries to be able to work a full day business??

KM Richards

Threads
Why catch the grass anyway?

It's better for the soil to put the clippings back in to the ground.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The negative environmental impact on good old planet earth due to mining for necessary materials has been, and will continue to be massive. The irony of the “green people “ helping the planet by using batteries really bothers me.

Manufacturing these products that are powered by batteries still takes fossil fuels to produce and the raw materials such as plastic, metal, etc. are just like in gas equipment. So when you throw away the “green product” into the landfill, you aren’t helping the planet.

The fact that the U.S. government and media are pushing battery equipment and vehicles down our throats, really pisses me off. If a product or service is superior to the competition, let the free market allow the natural benefits to play out. Not banning blowers, or forcing regulations, or subsidizing purchases (like electric cars) to help offset increased costs. Remember, when the government subsidies an electric vehicle by say $7000 as an incentive to buy it over gas, that money is paid for the taxpayer.

I hope you kept your distance from the self immolating De-Walt battey ZTR