Interlock Switch

MacPac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Simplicity 5216 and I need to by pass the Interlock Switches because they are no longer available and my seat switch and transmission switches are faulty. Can I disconnect the 2 wires at the switch and twist them together?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Simplicity 5216 and I need to by pass the Interlock Switches because they are no longer available and my seat switch and transmission switches are faulty. Can I disconnect the 2 wires at the switch and twist them together?

They all quit working at the same time? Wow! that is some bad luck.
My John Deere and my Dixon seem to have the same switches.
Take one off and look at seat switches etc on Ebay and see if you can find a match.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only safety switch on a mower that is really needed is the seat switch.
And there has never been one that is not able to be replaced.
While the smplicity branded one might be NLA there will be an aftermarket one that will work.
The manual PTO switch is a standard long lever micro switch available from any electrical parts store for under $ 5
The gear box neutral switch is also available but usually all they need is a clean out.

OTOH if you are hell bent on making your mower dangerous then go look at what the shaved monkeys on U Tube have to offer.
Lots of clowns there demonstrating their "superiour interlect ' by showing how to do what 12 year olds are taught in school