In your opinion... What is the best cutting zero turn?

Ya know it's really kinda funny when you ask a question Re: In your opinion... What is the best cutting zero turn or the best of any type of equipment, people always say the best is what they have or are running. Mid TN lawn swears by Kubota, Djdicten loves his Gravely and so on and in reality they are the best mower to them and for them and for what they use them for just like my Grandstand is the perfect mower for me and for what I do. The best cutting mower one can buy is the one that suits your particular needs. I guess it's like the old saying goes Our Wants Always Override Our Needs.:smile:
I need to correct you i did not say i swear bye kubota nor did I say they are the best cut I like many other mower brands Toro, Xmark, ferris, hustler and most of these brands offer a kubota engine in them I wanted to point out advantage of lower fuel consumption and lower maintenence with diesel powered mowers. Also fact is a horizontal shaft engine doubles your power of verticle shaft engines. We own kubota and exmarks possible going to buy hustler super 100 soon. Another note lots of great brands are not even available in our area that always has impact on purchases our dealer just dropped xmark line and now carries hustler and kubota I wished we had a scag dealer close but nearest dealer to me is just too far. Have run scag in past very well built. I guess point is lots of great brands but you have to have a good dealer close to you.
 
Most of the big contractors that do whole sub-divisions, major roadways and parks with-in the sub-divisions use here use Exmarks. Most of the residential operators that are cutting lawns here use Toro. I think you'll find what is being used in any area is going to depend on who's selling what type mowers in that given area.

I would agree... This is Hustler country round here.. mostly yellow on LCO' trailers round here with SCAG's a close second.. even some with both...you would think you'd see more Bad Boy's since they're made about an hour from here
 
Grasshopper front mounts powered by Kubota are some sweet cutting machines!

I couldn't agree more! I have used front deck grasshoppers for 32 years. (makes me sound old)

Grasshopper is beginning their 45th year building zero turn mowers, 45 years ago two amazing things happened in 1969 NASA put a man on the moon and Grasshopper built their first zero turn mower.
 
I couldn't agree more! I have used front deck grasshoppers for 32 years. (makes me sound old)

Grasshopper is beginning their 45th year building zero turn mowers, 45 years ago two amazing things happened in 1969 NASA put a man on the moon and Grasshopper built their first zero turn mower.

WOW thats a great story!!! Love to here that!
 
In our part of the woods I have seen a lot of people trade in other brands for Kubota. On the yo her hand I have not see any trade Kubota for anything but Kubota. Our Kubota Dealer sells Scag and Exmark both as well. Kubota is a tough machine.
 
My opinion is that there is not a great diff. In cut quality of commercial zero turns. Most have very high blade tip speeds and oregon gator blades can be installed on any. Were i see diff. Is price now with very similar mowers varying by 3-5k john deere and exmark are pricing themselves out of market. While toro parent of exmark is 30percent cheaper around here. Next big diff. Is some zero turns hold hills better and are lighter.
I do not plan on buying anymore zero turns and will buy toro grandstands instead at 6100. Each they are great buy great cut easy to teach operators to use and safer than zeros.
 
My Toro Grandstand with its Turbo force deck makes a nice looking yard just keep the blades sharp

"Just keep the blades sharp" Now that's good advise!

The early American Frontiers Men had a saying "Keep Your Powder Dry"

I believe any person operating a lawn mower should adopt the saying "Keep Your Blades Sharp"
 
Back
Top