I'm no mechanic!

FrankB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently changed my deck belt on my Craftsman 46" Model # 247.203744 T1600 2015 lawn tractor... As confident as I was, I believe I did something wrong.
The belt seemed to be installed exactly as the diagram showed but after everything was put back together, I started it up, shifted from nuetral into drive and it took off! I couldnt stop it with my brakes so I slipped back into nuetral.and tried again... Same thing. I really dont have a clue what has to be done now. I looked to see if there is an adjustment for this belt and there isn't.

Normally I would have to step on the gas for the tractor to propel itself but now everything is all screwy!

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks in advance!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Correct belt above, always use Craftsman tractor replacement parts.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Willing to bet the belt is routed improperly. Check to see if you might have installed it on the wrong side of the idler pulley.

Bellcrank

Threads
Greetings. Belts always go between belt guide or blade brake pad and the pulley .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Aren't the brakes separate from the belt? Does that machine not have physical brakes?

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Come on guys the deck belt change has nothing to do with the motion drive problem; unless, the op remove the engine pulley and has bent it upon reinstall.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We are not getting the complete picture here. As Star stated he changed the deck belt, but could he have told us the wrong belt? If he would reply telling us a little more about everything he did, we might have a better idea of what is going on. I’m assuming that he played with the drive belt when he had the deck, creating his problems. Probably just popped the belt over a guide and it now has too much tension.

Born2Mow

Threads
I recently changed my deck belt on my Craftsman lawn tractor... As confident as I was, I believe I did something wrong.

qoE9IK5.jpg

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Come on guys the deck belt change has nothing to do with the motion drive problem; unless, the op remove the engine pulley and has bent it upon reinstall.
From what I read, his issue is stopping. Not forward motion. COME ON MAN!!!!! Sleepy Joe strikes again.

"but after everything was put back together, I started it up, shifted from nuetral into drive and it took off! I couldnt stop it with my brakes"

slomo