I'm about done with Partstree.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Both times my card got compromised it was at restaurants. Where else do you hand your card to someone and they disappear for a while? I use my phone with samsung pay now.
Mine got compromised in a restaurant that I'd never been in and I had possession of the card when it happened. That suggests to me that the restaurant workers were in on the scam. How they got my credit card number is a mystery to me unless it was via one of those gas pump skimmers or something similar.

If these dumb azzes would work half as hard at a job as they do in crime, they'd be rich.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use cash or cheques.
Never buy anything with a card except on line & that is a debit card with just enough money in it to cover the costs .
Pay wave is the least safe way to pay for anything.
Countlees hundreds of people down here have been caught with card readers in a bag walking through crowded places while pinching small amounts from peoples digital wallets.
BEcaue the billing name is rarely the vendors name it is hard to work out just where that $ 20 was spent , and that is assuming you even check your statement.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My accountant told me to pay by check as little as possible. Since they passed the electronic banking act you don't need a paper check to take money from a checking account. You check has your bank routing number and account number on it. All someone needs to take money from your checking account. I use the evil PayPal as much as possible when buying online. Personally, i keep my millions buried in the backyard in mayonnaise jars?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should have used your CCW permit. Gov't issued picture ID. Had a woman freak out when i used it for ID once. OMG!

Having a CCW permit turns your 2nd Amendment right into an accepted government privilege. I have never accepted that privilege. I stand by my right. Getting a government permit to carry is like asking them for permission. Permission to do something you're supposed to have a right to in the first place. "Shall not be infringed" has no caveats.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use cash or cheques.
Never buy anything with a card except on line & that is a debit card with just enough money in it to cover the costs .
Pay wave is the least safe way to pay for anything.
Countlees hundreds of people down here have been caught with card readers in a bag walking through crowded places while pinching small amounts from peoples digital wallets.
BEcaue the billing name is rarely the vendors name it is hard to work out just where that $ 20 was spent , and that is assuming you even check your statement.

HA, If someone hacked into my bank account, they'd feel sorry for me and leave me a few bucks.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine got compromised in a restaurant that I'd never been in and I had possession of the card when it happened. That suggests to me that the restaurant workers were in on the scam. How they got my credit card number is a mystery to me unless it was via one of those gas pump skimmers or something similar.

If these dumb azzes would work half as hard at a job as they do in crime, they'd be rich.

When using the card at the pump, I always give a little tug on the reader. They pop right off, from what I've heard. I've never found one. But still give a tug, none the less.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Using a Debit leaves you responsible until you can prove you didn't make the purchase. CC's will give you a provisional credit while they research your claim.

Don't laugh. I don't have a cell phone of any kind for one reason so service at the home and shop. As paying bills at restaurants it is good old cash, my card never leaves my presence. The last two times have at vendors. The first was Bailey's and I have used my there anymore, just use Paypal for many purchases now as it give me a double layer of protection.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Using a Debit leaves you responsible until you can prove you didn't make the purchase. CC's will give you a provisional credit while they research your claim.

Don't laugh. I don't have a cell phone of any kind for one reason so service at the home and shop. As paying bills at restaurants it is good old cash, my card never leaves my presence. The last two times have at vendors. The first was Bailey's and I have used my there anymore, just use Paypal for many purchases now as it give me a double layer of protection.

Stens doesn't take PayPal, do they?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And please enlighten me what is a CCW permit?