Ignition switch.

Threads
When I turn the key to run position but not starting the engine what components have power?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but I have not been around much lately, and I have no idea what you are talking about. Without knowing what type of equipment you are asking about and how it is hooked up it could be none or a dozen parts. A Snapper rear engine rider has none and a Kubota Series M tractor can have as many as 12 or more depending on setup.

Threads
I have a riding mower Weed Eater 259723 Im trying to find out what tabs on the ignition switch have power I want to put a volt meter on but want It to work when I turn the key to run with the engine off.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have the first one, none of the other terminals will have power unless the engine is running.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That switch would be wired with the Red lead to battery positive and Black lead to ground. If you don't want to have a constant readout, yes you would have to install a shut off switch into the circuit.

cashman

Threads
Don't know if your switch is made this way, but most of the five or six blade Indak type switches have the terminals labeled with a letter. With the key in the run position, you will have continuity between the B and R and A terminals. When key is in off position, you will have no continuity between those terminals and the M terminal will have continuity to ground. When key is in start position, you will have continuity between the B and S terminals. You could run a volt meter hooked to the R and A terminals and not have constant voltage when key is in off position if your switch is set up this way.