ignition stihl bush cutter

billphl

Forum Newbie
The ignition of my stihl bush cutter exists of a normal ignition coil, but there is also a small (3,5 x 2,5 cm) in plastic covered 'thing' which looks like a capacitor but is listed as 'trigger'. Does anybody know of it, of its function? When I measure its resistance it is not very high so I assume it is not a capacitor or it is leaking.
Thanks for any advice in advance,
Bill
 
It is exactly what you said it was.
It is a Hall effect trigger unit which basically replaces the points and the auto advance unit.
you can not test it with a multimeter and in fact many cheap ones will destroy it.
Google Hall effect trigger if you want to know how it actually works.
 
Thanks, that explains it. Hope I did not break it. But could you (or anyone) give me the schematic how this trigger should be connected in the circuitry?
Bill
 
Well it would sort of help if you told us which Stihl brush cutter you are talking about.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the first place...
I thought I replied yesterday, but I don't see it here. So again.
I try to repair my Stihl FS280 bush cutter. I put in a new coil, but as it is slightly different, I am not sure how to wire that 'trigger'.
I hope you or somebody else can help me with the correct schematic of the wiring.
thanks in advance,
Bill
 
Back
Top