Ignition modules

DeBe

Forum Newbie
This all started a few years ago when I realised a popular Atom ignition module was no longer produced. At $35 Australian I considered them expensive. Decided to reverse engineer one, & found that they could be built for around $6. They were sold originaly to replace ign points & condencer on small engines. A lot of coils since have this circuit built into them.MOD.0 CIRC.jpgMOD.1.jpgMOD.2.jpgMOD.3.jpgMOD.4.jpgMOD.5.jpgMOD.6.jpgMOD.7.jpgMOD.8.jpgMOD.9.jpg
 
First picture is the Atom module I pulled apart to find the component values. The rest of the modules all do the same job. Also pic of the module on my Victa lawn mower.IGN MODULE ATOM.jpgIGN MODULE KAWASAKI.jpgIGN MODULE NOVA.jpgIGN MODULE VICTA.jpgIGN MODULE.STIHL.jpgATOM copy on VICTA.jpg
 
All these modules are polarity sensitive, if you don't get a good spark reverse the wiring. It depends on the polarity of the triggering pulse from the ignition coil. Some pictures of a Negative firing pulse on these modules.CRO.NOVA MOD.jpgCRO. KAWASAKI MOD.jpgCRO VICTA MOD.jpg
 
Back
Top