Ignition module

jimvh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler SV610S Courage 21 hp. I've burnt up 5 ignition coils and can't figure it out. Changed out everything but stator and wire harness. I'm a lost ball in tall weeds. Any help?

VegetiveSteam

Threads
In what time frame? Are these 5 modules over years or do you put one on and it immediately fails? Are these genuine Kohler modules? Just going off what you posted I'd be checking for battery voltage on the white kill lead. It shouldn't have any.

jimvh

Forum Newbie
Threads
In what time frame? Are these 5 modules over years or do you put one on and it immediately fails? Are these genuine Kohler modules? Just going off what you posted I'd be checking for battery voltage on the white kill lead. It shouldn't have any.
Happen one after another. Kohler parts. Kill lead was disconnected. Brand new battery. 230 CCA. 12.5 volts on the meter. All grounds cleaned and reattached. Man from Kolher parts said I'm picking up stray power leading through frame. Checking amperage on each leg of harness with clamp on volt meter. Guess I'll pull the rectifier and try to test the stator and leads. No voltage on kill lead.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Did this guy give any thoughts as to where the stray power might be coming from? You didn't by chance catch his name did you?

Battery hooked up correctly? Reversed polarity? Make sure there isn't a little minus sign in front of the 12.5 voltage reading. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited: