Ignition coil

Jcalex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone! Does anyone know where i can find an ignition coil for an old kohler k91 cast iron 4 hp. All the ones i have ordered(3), the square hole in the center is too small. Mine has a 1/2 hole. The little engine runs great, i hate to have to swap it because i cant find a coil. Is there any kind of upgrade to do away with the magneto type coil?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the spec number for your Kohler engine and the part number for the coils you ordered. I would like to cross reference your parts.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
You're probably going to need the part number for the coil you're needing because if my memory serves me correctly, there were 3 different possibilities for coils on a K91. This is a long shot because I believe this guy has passed away, but you might give it a shot. Ed Wright 262-877-9175. If no luck there, try his son Lee at A-1 Engines. 847-678-5499.

This info is several years old so they both could be gone now but this was the only outlet for the one coil that was discontinued probably 40 years ago.

Not saying it couldn't be done but I know of no conversion for this ignition system.