Identify Kawasaki 2cycle blower engine for carb repair

fastex500

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Identify Kawasaki 2cycle blower engine for carb repair
Guy (and gals), I have an older backpack blower made by Kawasaki that I am having a terrible time identifying the engine and carb. I have talked to a few online parts dealers as well as Kawasaki and my local small engine dealer.... all say "you might want to ask ________"

It is a Kawasaki backpack blower, engine serial #606757. It has a TK carb on it that only has the numbers 7K 12416 at the mound to the reeds. The blower has a top mounted tank, red blower housing, cast aluminum engine and the sticker on the side has Model J-- but the letters after J have worn off.

Here are some pics of the blower, carb and engine numbers

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_4358.jpgIMG_4359.jpgIMG_4360.jpg

Problem I am having is overall poor running. I have cleaned the carb and checked for clogs, but it is varying the throttle almost like starvation, then evens out and may run ok for 10-15sec, then starts surging again. Sometime will not start or is hard to start. I was planning to order a carb rebuild and gaskets to start with.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Identify Kawasaki 2cycle blower engine for carb repair
But did you check the fuel lines for leaks and the filter for clogging ?
The impulse pump on those carbs is not very powerful and a filter you can blow through can be blocked enough to starve the carb.
The fuel lines tend to crack right at the tank grommet so some times leak & sometimes don't.