Ideal lawn mower engine

bakerg

Lawn Addict
A guy I work with has an Ideal engine that he was looking for info on. Would like to know the rarity of the engine and what it might be worth. :confused2: It has 14 1/2" flywheels which he thinks may be uncommon. :confused: Any info would be a real help.:biggrin:


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

According to the flywheel, the Ideal was made in Lansing, Michigan and this engine was originally installed on a lawn mower like the one pictures below. I cannot find much else on the engine and the pics I do find do not have the same style cylinder head. :confused2:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Thanks for posting that. The photos are great. However, it doesn't look like the most practical mower. It might be better as a earth compactor. :wink:

Do you know when it was made?
 
Maybe made in the 40s, it is like a hit and miss engine.:confused2:

The 1840s ?
I have seen there rusting away in fields, a crying shame...offer $10, but they want hundreds of $$$$$, or the original owner(s) are dead...
Love those antiques..
 
Back
Top