ice melt or sand and spreader

sterlinglawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is you opinion on putting ice melt or sand down on residential. Also do anyone no of a broadcast spreader you can mount to the back of the riding mower instead of a pull because it is hard to back up with a pull behind. Thanks

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I put ice melt in trouble spots like stairs and slopes. If we get some icy rain or slick conditions I put ice melt on all driveways and walkways I only do residence tho. I use a small hand spreader holds 5 pounds and a walk behind cheapy scotts broadcast for the bigger driveways holds 15 pounds I charge my customers 1$ per pound and they think its great I pay like 8cents per pound I Get a brand called near zero its sold at lowes for like 9 dollars for a 50 pound bag and at a wholesale place for about 7$ a bag if you buy a pallet which I don't cuz I use maybe 4 bags a year lol

sterlinglawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put ice melt in trouble spots like stairs and slopes. If we get some icy rain or slick conditions I put ice melt on all driveways and walkways I only do residence tho. I use a small hand spreader holds 5 pounds and a walk behind cheapy scotts broadcast for the bigger driveways holds 15 pounds I charge my customers 1$ per pound and they think its great I pay like 8cents per pound I Get a brand called near zero its sold at lowes for like 9 dollars for a 50 pound bag and at a wholesale place for about 7$ a bag if you buy a pallet which I don't cuz I use maybe 4 bags a year lol

I don't know if this is it. And if it is the wrong won can you send me a link. Also does it contain rock salt.

50 lb. Ice Melt 4300 Dual Blend Bag-51051 at The Home Depot