ICD Cutting System ?

wdrdoctor

Threads
Who owns a Snapper Pro with the ICD Cutting System?
On a scale of 1 through 10,how would you rate the quality of cut?

D

DSepe

Who owns a Snapper Pro with the ICD Cutting System? On a scale of 1 through 10,how would you rate the quality of cut?

I own a Ferris with ICD cutting system and give it a solid 8 no scalping problems for me. It has striping kit pre-installed and does the job fairly well but could be better.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I also give it an 8. I have the snapper pro s150xt. Cuts well but mine doesn't have any rear anti scalping wheels. Have four on the front. Don't have a problem with scalping though and leaves an even cut. The striping kit is only a rubber flap bolted on the back of the deck but it works. I believe any of the commercial decks will cut well as long as the blades are kept sharp and the under side of the deck is kept clean of grass and dirt build up. I see people complaining that their mower is leaving strips of grass, but they never mention looking under the deck for build up. If it's got grass and dirt clumped up around the blades then the air can't flow the way it's supposed to. Just maintain the mower properly and any of the commercial mower brands you are looking at will cut well.

D

DSepe

I also give it an 8. I have the snapper pro s150xt. Cuts well but mine doesn't have any rear anti scalping wheels. Have four on the front. Don't have a problem with scalping though and leaves an even cut. The striping kit is only a rubber flap bolted on the back of the deck but it works. I believe any of the commercial decks will cut well as long as the blades are kept sharp and the under side of the deck is kept clean of grass and dirt build up. I see people complaining that their mower is leaving strips of grass, but they never mention looking under the deck for build up. If it's got grass and dirt clumped up around the blades then the air can't flow the way it's supposed to. Just maintain the mower properly and any of the commercial mower brands you are looking at will cut well.
Great reminder about keeping deck clean and clear. I clear after every third mow and usually the build up is staggering at that.

Av8r

Threads
I too have the ICD cutting system on my Ferris and would agree with the other comments. Would give it an 8 or a 9, but only because of the striping kit. If you take that out of the equation, I could give the deck a 10. Cuts great and does not build up grass like the JD decks I have used in the past

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

I agree with user Dsepe....great advice about keeping underneath deck cleaned out!! I've read several threads about the problem with uncut strips and had never thought about mentioning deck buildup as the root cause. Makes sense though!!! When I added the Gravely OEM mulch kit it took my "8" cut quality to a "9" with absolutely no grass clippings anywhere when I am done. Obviously, I love the cut that my Gravely X-Factor deck gives. My second favorite is the Toro Turbo Force deck followed by the Hustler VX4 and the Ferris/Snapper ICD. All of these decks will give you a professional cut.

P.S.
Another benefit I received when adding the mulch kit....it reduced my buildup underneath the deck by half. The Gravely mulch kit provides vacuum baffles that completely enclose each individual blade in a full circle. Being "completely round", there's really nowhere for the grass clippings to collect plus the mulch blades by design force the cut clippings down into the remaining grass. It now takes me about 5 minutes with a putty knife after each mowing to keep the belly of the deck clean. Gotta love it!!!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
That was actually my comment about the build up but that's ok the point got across.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
That was actually my comment about the build up but that's ok the point got across.

Sorry I didn't use better English grammar... I was responding to/congratulating you and saying that I agreed with user Dsepe for complimenting you on the post. Don't be surprised if you see me quoting your advice when I respond to someone complaining about strips of grass blades remaining:0)

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lol. That's fine just having a little fun. Just glad to be able to help when people have questions. Everyone on here seem to have good knowledge about mowers.