I went ahead and bought a WORLDLAWN DIAMONDBACK 52 INCH ZERO TURN.

NavyNancy

Threads
  • / I went ahead and bought a WORLDLAWN DIAMONDBACK 52 INCH ZERO TURN.
Can anyone identify what these 2 pieces are and where they go ? I found them laying on the top of my worldlawn mower deck. They are about 1.5 inchs in length and 1 of them is threaded ...it looks as though the 2 pieces would bolt together { 1 bolt on each end } around something.

Attachments

• part.jpg
    part.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 5
  • part1.jpg
    part1.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 5

mcspeed

Threads
Can anyone identify what these 2 pieces are and where they go ? I found them laying on the top of my worldlawn mower deck. They are about 1.5 inchs in length and 1 of them is threaded ...it looks as though the 2 pieces would bolt together { 1 bolt on each end } around something.
I read thru the entire thread and hope the mower works out for you.

What tends to happen with the off brand stuff is when you need parts 5+ years in the future they will not be available or extremely hard to find. So the mower you saved thousands of dollars on with the purchase price is no longer useable. When this happens is when you realize the savings disappeared.

You mentioned “commercial parts” a couple times in your posts. Go look at a real commercial ZT mower and then look at the World mower. “Commercial” has become a marketing buzzword to lure people in and has lost its true meaning. Trust me that mower would have an extremely short life if it were used commercially.

I still believe in the old adage “you get what you pay for”…….not always, but if you do your homework you will. There is a big difference when designing and manufacturing a product to be reliable and durable vs low cost. If you do your homework you can clearly see the difference.

moparjoe

Threads
Sorry to rain on your parade but unless World Lawn has done a lot of work on their quality in the past few years I will never touch one again .
Finally in frustration I told the two customers who owned them I will no longer service them as in my opinion the mower was not only poorly made but also dangerous to use.
The blades appear to be plain high carbon steel & regularly fractured in a brittle mode so go flying out the side of the mower.
All of the spindle pulleys detached from their bosses and many of the welds cracked
The welding that you can see from the top is beautiful
The welds that I saw underneath are all very sub standard
Finally the total lack of any unique parts made them more trouble than they were worth
And their line of pretend Honda walk behinds are even worse .
We call them "mudguards ( fenders to some )" pretty on the top-shit underneath
They remind me of the junk we get when some one takes a quality product to a third world country and request them to "make one that looks exactly like this as cheap as possible".
I did the inital services on both of them
All of the filters were not genuine Kawakasi but bad factory seconds from one of the Chinese knock off companies which made me doubt if the engine was in fact genuine and not a counterfeit
I tried to check with my Kawakasi distributor and the reply "we can not verify imported engines " was not very encouraging .
By the time I dumped them both of the hydros were leaking on one and the top seal was leaking on another
FWIW they were a Cobra & a Viper and both were on large ex-pasture properties of 10 & 30 acres
If you do a search on the web about World Lawn on mower forums and consummer complaint forums you will see they had a very bad reputation
Cheap in every sense of the word and in my opinion deliberatley deceptive as well so the really stingly cheap skates rave about how much they saved comparred to quality mowers like JD & Toro .
There is a reason why they named the models after snakes because they are Snake Oil
Your money would have been far better spent on repairing that JD F525 in the background .
When I went to the importer to get a full set of spindle bearings, firstly he did not have a full set and secondly he said "the bearings are junk and you have to pull the seals wash the bearings & put better grease in there "
Until reading this post, I have never heard of worldmower. Just hearing the word sounds cheap. I used to work on alot of riders and zero turn mowers. I have a JD 1435 diesel 72 inch deck, 4 wheel drive. It's almost like driving a car. It Appears to be very well made. People get what they pay for. They buy something cheap make and wind up spending more money on it than it's worth. I had an old woods zero turn that I traded in and paid a couple grand to get the JD. The left hydro pump on the woods was going out and I didn't want to mess with it. The JD 1435 is a much better mower.

moparjoe

Threads
I read thru the entire thread and hope the mower works out for you.

What tends to happen with the off brand stuff is when you need parts 5+ years in the future they will not be available or extremely hard to find. So the mower you saved thousands of dollars on with the purchase price is no longer useable. When this happens is when you realize the savings disappeared.

You mentioned “commercial parts” a couple times in your posts. Go look at a real commercial ZT mower and then look at the World mower. “Commercial” has become a marketing buzzword to lure people in and has lost its true meaning. Trust me that mower would have an extremely short life if it were used commercially.

I still believe in the old adage “you get what you pay for”…….not always, but if you do your homework you will. There is a big difference when designing and manufacturing a product to be reliable and durable vs low cost. If you do your homework you can clearly see the difference.
Parts availability for some of these cheap made mowers is and can be a problem. Word to the ignorant, when they buy cheap, they think they are saving money but in the long run they will wind up spending more on it than it's worth.

moparjoe

Threads
I appreciate the history on the company. I admit I took a calculated gamble . I called several local service centers for this brand...I think there were 4 places....1 of the places told me they quit servicing this companys mowers , mainly because they had too many issues with the motor which was not the kawasaki engines. I told that servcie center that the 2022 I was purchasing had the Kawasaki engine, which he replied " you should be fine then " The other 3 service centers, which are all within 1 hour of my house, told me they still sell these mowers, and service them and they can get the parts when needed. They also told me that they have not seen many issues / returns ...but 1 service center did tell me they had a mower brought back because it was constantly throwing off the deck belt , so they had to take all the pulleys off the deck and install new ones.

I had 2 main choices...I was gonna purchase a used TORO TITAN MAX 60 inch cut for $2800 that had 325 hours and was a 2012 model or take a chance on this Worldlawn 2022 mower that was practically brand new with 18 hours for $4250 and supposedly used many commerical parts.

Only time will tell when it comes to the longevity of my Worldlawn mower. Since im using it in a residential setting , maybe I will get lucky and not have any major issues and get 10 + years of good service from it. If and when it has its 1st significant breakdown/ issue, I will definitely post about it.

One thing is certain, the mower has very thick metal on the build/ deck/ pulleys, etc....but I agree that it could be thick, weak, cheap metal. I wont be mowing over rocks, sticks , etc so maybe it will hold up better then a situation where it is being used commercially everyday in less then ideal mowing situations.

Im gonna try and take a look under the deck and see what the welds look like.

With the possible negatives , does it not seem that the 23 hp Kawasaki engine and the servicable hydro drives on this Diamondback mower , are solid components used in many commercial mowers that sell for much higher price points ?

I find it hard to believe, that this Worldlawn is not of significant better quality then the myriad of zero turns sold at the big box stores in the $2000 -$4000 price ranges. I do admit, that it is usually not a great sign, that this specific brand still seems to be a relatively unknown brand by most people nor does it seem that many people own this brand ..

My initial amateur inspection of the mower , impressed me along with knowing it is basically a new mower that sells for around $5900 out the door and I got it for $4250, but I am in no way a top notch mechanic nor am I deeply educated in zero turn mowers so its possible I may regret this purchase once the mower has seen some significant use.
This is just my opinion but just hearing the name worldmower sounds cheap. I hope you don't regret buying it when it needs repairs. It's like buying a foreign car, you can buy them cheap but you will pay up for the parts. Good luck.

NavyNancy

Threads
"You get what you pay for" is one of those blanket statements that I do not agree with. I could mention many items Ive bought { many of which came from overseas} that were very inexpensive compared to name brand- much more expensive items of the same function, and have been very pleased with the inexpensive versions. One great example is a 3 in 1 stick welder/ tig welder/ plasma cutter that I purchased doirect from china, 15 years ago and only paid $489 shipped. It has performed perfectly and compared to US made product, it was $1000 - $2000 less in cost. Of course I do not use it everyday on a pro level, but for my needs its been great.

The 2 piece clamp that was on the deck of my worldlawn, it looks like it is just a clamp that was on the horizontal bar of my parking brake and I assume the 2 bolts that clamp it on that bar, vibrated loose. The factory may not have applied loctite to it.

Of course I am not happy that this small metal clamp vibrated loose, but it only took 1 minuite to put it back on { it took longer to find where it went, on the parts schematic online } .

As I mentioned, I accepted this worldlawn was a gamble....with only 15 hrs on it and a 2022 model , I took the gamble. I think worldlawn use to offer mowers with LOCIN engines ? I was informed they had many issues and to not buy a mower with that engine.

$4250 is what I paid for it, and if I get 10 years out of it, ill be happy...that amounts to $425 per year in mowing { not including gas or replacing a v-belt , etc }. My yard does not have rocks in it so I hope the mower blades last , and hopefully the blades are made of a much better metal than the company was using years ago.

NavyNancy

Threads
This is just my opinion but just hearing the name worldmower sounds cheap. I hope you don't regret buying it when it needs repairs. It's like buying a foreign car, you can buy them cheap but you will pay up for the parts. Good luck.
I fully agree, the brand name is awful.

I try and look at things from all sides. The kawasaki engine and the hydro pumps would not be considered " cheap , bottom of the barrel components , IMHO....
and those 2 items are the most important/expensive items. The deck is thick 7 gauge metal , but it could be thick cheap metal...time will tell. The seat is comfortable and has several heavy duty springs for smoother ride. Tires look to be of good quality.

I am not here to defend or bash worldlawn....if there is a catastrophic breakdown I will report it. Someone on youtube made a video, and claimed their worldlawn zeroturn had a hydro unit self destruct around 500 hrs....which if true, is not a good sign at all. Then again, maybe they changed the hydro oil and got debris/ dirt in it ? Hard to know.

davis2

Threads

OP only wanted to know what fell off the mower, not a lecture. I love this site, but it sucks listening to people get berated over simple stuff. Not everyone is a mechanic, and some of the people looking for help here may be the person one of us go to for one of our needs. Just have some compassion for others, guys.

moparjoe

Threads
OP only wanted to know what fell off the mower, not a lecture. I love this site, but it sucks listening to people get berated over simple stuff. Not everyone is a mechanic, and some of the people looking for help here may be the person one of us go to for one of our needs. Just have some compassion for others, guys.
Cheap is cheap. You get what you pay for.