I think it is beyond repair...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought I was special when I moved up from a UDS 300 baud to a Hays 1200 baud modem.

In 1976 in the service we had just moved from 5 level baudot punch tape to 8 level ASCII which came out in 1963.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I wasn't introduced to computer until around 1982 so we at using 1200 baud modems then. It is strange now to think running a business accounting program on a 5 mb hard drive. Now I need over 300 mb just to back up my current accounting program is still taking up 3.5 gigs on HD.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You just don't know what fun is until you work on the world's first color copier with time shared wiring and technology developed in the 60's. Before microprocessors so a horrendous logic chip package running it with no diagnostics. Worst piece of feces I ever worked on. My world in 1980.
Was so happy when computers made their way into machines I worked on.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It need a new led panel but considering the 5+ yrs it probably isn't available so I just got a much cheaper Ruku replacement with around 4000 channels and nothing good to watch on any of them. Just sticking to the local channels.

I've been watching Columbo on my ROKU lately. Love this show.

davis2

Threads
Thanks for the 411. Well I hope they move to around here, cause w/ land line phone, Hi Speed Internet & cable TV, I pay double your number.
They did just do underground for Fiber optic lines. Hope that is for competition to spectrum..
It took 4 months to get my equipment, but only a deposit of $99. It's an easy hookup and good trouble free service. For an extra $30/mo you can have it mobile. I'm considering that if we want to take it camping...

davis2

Threads
You just don't know what fun is until you work on the world's first color copier with time shared wiring and technology developed in the 60's. Before microprocessors so a horrendous logic chip package running it with no diagnostics. Worst piece of feces I ever worked on. My world in 1980.
Was so happy when computers made their way into machines I worked on.
I was involved with automating a pellet mill when I worked for Cargill in the 90's. We also added a new batching panel, switching from a WEM system to repete... Repete also tied the pellet mill into the batching system. It was an adventure, and production never stopped.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been watching Columbo on my ROKU lately. Love this show.
Ahhh, just one more thing.................... I still like Columbo as well.
It took 4 months to get my equipment, but only a deposit of $99. It's an easy hookup and good trouble free service. For an extra $30/mo you can have it mobile. I'm considering that if we want to take it camping...
That sounds good.

Gunn308

Threads
I have 300mb fiber for $50/month and antenna on roof with 19 channels in rural Maine. Vizio's new software has me about ready to disconnect the fiber from the TV because they have made it too hard to get to my antenna channels. They want to push the FreeTV and all their advertising. When I want to watch TV I don't want to have to surf through 150 items to get where I want to be. TV marketing sucks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have 300mb fiber for $50/month and antenna on roof with 19 channels in rural Maine. Vizio's new software has me about ready to disconnect the fiber from the TV because they have made it too hard to get to my antenna channels. They want to push the FreeTV and all their advertising. When I want to watch TV I don't want to have to surf through 150 items to get where I want to be. TV marketing sucks.
I think they are just avoiding making remotes they way we need them now. Sorta like when the walk behinds went throttle less. Just cutting cost at the expense of the operator convenience. My new TLC is a pain too but slowly getting the hang of moving thru the channels. I just avoid the channels outside the local ones and Roku setup instead for the streaming channels.

Only took me a day to figure to turn off the night light (standby light).