Export thread

I may have lived too long

M

motoman

I tried to let this one go, but then I remembered this site and its members....

Within the week a TV announcer presented a word on the latest Nike product. Sneakers with batteries that lace themselves...No, this is not a joke. The TV dude said
"what a good idea . I could see paying $400 to $500 for a pair of these." WTF, in a nation where many young people have to dress in MCDonald hamburger costumes @ $15/ hr? Look soon for a "nose picker" app near you. :eek:

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

That is sad. Tying up your shoes is something so important to learn if you ask me. You feel so good, as a kid, when you learn how to do it.

B

bertsmobile1

Yes but the clown on the TV is most likely on a significant 6 figure number and he is being paid to make you decide to go & buy a pair

On the subject of nose picking.
My other 1/2 was doing some relief teaching in a junior school class and she admonished a lad for picking his nose telling him to use a hankee.
He responded with "If I ain't supposed to pick my own nose then how come only my fingers fit good".
She had no come back on that one and had to walk out for a minute to compose herself.

M

motoman

No, you had to see this nerd. No 6 figures for him. He was sincere and probably financed a pair of shoes right after the show through "Quicken."

R

Rivets

We have robotic lawn mowers, so why not robotic shoe laces? Any of you ever read Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"? Good read and We're getting closer every day.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I tried to let this one go, but then I remembered this site and its members....

Within the week a TV announcer presented a word on the latest Nike product. Sneakers with batteries that lace themselves...No, this is not a joke. The TV dude said
"what a good idea . I could see paying $400 to $500 for a pair of these." WTF, in a nation where many young people have to dress in MCDonald hamburger costumes @ $15/ hr? Look soon for a "nose picker" app near you. :eek:

Technology advances and no stopping it. Time will tell if self lacing shoes will will catch on, who knows.

M

Mikel1

Hope their not the Hoverboard batteries.

B

bertsmobile1

We have robotic lawn mowers, so why not robotic shoe laces? Any of you ever read Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"? Good read and We're getting closer every day.

Or 1984

or Animal farm

Take your pick

M

motoman

Maybe lithium with an optional app for "hot foot." Can't fly with them, even in the hold.

Ric

Ric

There called the Hyper Adapt 1.0 and they don't actually lace themselves. The batteries activate a series of pulleys that tighten the laces when you put your foot inside. Crap they've had lights on sneakers for years. Laceups sneakers are such a big stretch.

M

motoman

It figures I'm about a decade behind....Still sneakers are basically ugly. Next comprhensive accident insurance to cover sprains to the shoe.

B

bertsmobile1

There called the Hyper Adapt 1.0 and they don't actually lace themselves. The batteries activate a series of pulleys that tighten the laces when you put your foot inside. Crap they've had lights on sneakers for years. Laceups sneakers are such a big stretch.

Very important that or how will your feet see wher they are going.
Almost as vital to modern life as lights under the sills of your car,:confused2:

Ric

Ric

Very important that or how will your feet see where they are going.
Almost as vital to modern life as lights under the sills of your car,:confused2:

Nobody said it was important. They're a lot of things I know that don't make sense to you as living in today's times doesn't make sense to you. The Hyper Adapt 1.0 sneaker will probably make Nike a ton of money because it will be a must have for every kid in the world. Technology makes money and money makes the world go round.

D

DaveTN

:confused2: More crazy inventions for a lazy/crazy society eh? Have you guys seen
the U-Tube video of the guys who can flat out tie a shoe lace in 1 second? Amazing.
I wonder if the battery-powered automatic contraption for $400 could do it that fast? :laughing:

M

motoman

There is a "stripper " shoe that only tightens, The de luxe ties fast. And there is a michael jackson app for the dance- challenged.

M

Mikel1

I thought Velcro was simple enough, guess not.
I recall the lights on the shoes, didn't stay popular long.

B

bertsmobile1

Sports shoes with lights on them was actually an Australian invention.
They were made so spors technicians could see exactly what an athletes foot was doing, how the ankle was bending & twisting.
The also pit a piezo electronic cell in there which allowed them to work out exactly how hard the feet were striking the ground .

D

deck~dragger

Shoes that tighten when you put your foot in them. The only use one can make of this if it were designed for a elderly or handicapped person, then they may actually be of some importance. What's next, belts? Heaven forbid, neckties:tongue: