I may have lived too long

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I tried to let this one go, but then I remembered this site and its members....

Within the week a TV announcer presented a word on the latest Nike product. Sneakers with batteries that lace themselves...No, this is not a joke. The TV dude said
"what a good idea . I could see paying $400 to $500 for a pair of these." WTF, in a nation where many young people have to dress in MCDonald hamburger costumes @ $15/ hr? Look soon for a "nose picker" app near you. :eek:

Last edited:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is sad. Tying up your shoes is something so important to learn if you ask me. You feel so good, as a kid, when you learn how to do it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes but the clown on the TV is most likely on a significant 6 figure number and he is being paid to make you decide to go & buy a pair

On the subject of nose picking.
My other 1/2 was doing some relief teaching in a junior school class and she admonished a lad for picking his nose telling him to use a hankee.
He responded with "If I ain't supposed to pick my own nose then how come only my fingers fit good".
She had no come back on that one and had to walk out for a minute to compose herself.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, you had to see this nerd. No 6 figures for him. He was sincere and probably financed a pair of shoes right after the show through "Quicken."

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We have robotic lawn mowers, so why not robotic shoe laces? Any of you ever read Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"? Good read and We're getting closer every day.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tried to let this one go, but then I remembered this site and its members....

Within the week a TV announcer presented a word on the latest Nike product. Sneakers with batteries that lace themselves...No, this is not a joke. The TV dude said
"what a good idea . I could see paying $400 to $500 for a pair of these." WTF, in a nation where many young people have to dress in MCDonald hamburger costumes @ $15/ hr? Look soon for a "nose picker" app near you. :eek:

Technology advances and no stopping it. Time will tell if self lacing shoes will will catch on, who knows.

Mikel1

Threads
Hope their not the Hoverboard batteries.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We have robotic lawn mowers, so why not robotic shoe laces? Any of you ever read Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"? Good read and We're getting closer every day.

Or 1984

or Animal farm

Take your pick

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe lithium with an optional app for "hot foot." Can't fly with them, even in the hold.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
There called the Hyper Adapt 1.0 and they don't actually lace themselves. The batteries activate a series of pulleys that tighten the laces when you put your foot inside. Crap they've had lights on sneakers for years. Laceups sneakers are such a big stretch.

Last edited: