I HATE SPAM!!

Threads
I am seeing more and more spammy visitor messages. A lot from "uocquotmosh". This is LAWN MOWER Forum, not ADVERTISEMENT Forum!! :mad::smiley_aafz:
Lawnranger has 28 spammy messages from him! I reported them to the admin, so hopefully they will get deleted!! (Picture attached.)
spam.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
He's hit me also with the same SPAM 11 times on Thursday. Hope someone will pull his plug

buzzzmeister

Threads
Can't catch them all. :eek:

Any decent human spammer using Xrumer software can sign-up & spam (signature spam, comment spam, link spam, etc.) 10K forums/hour. An autospambot can do multitudes of that.

The battles can be won but the war never will be won.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
His rights on this forum can be pulled by the admin.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hope either Muhammad or Briana see this thread and shut him down!

The problem with shutting down a spammer is there are so many ways of getting a different email addresses or commonly used usernames available. Not that the Administrators can't remove the spammer but the trick is keeping them removed with all the availability they have.

Threads
The problem with shutting down a spammer is there are so many ways of getting a different email addresses or commonly used usernames available. Not that the Administrators can't remove the spammer but the trick is keeping them removed with all the availability they have.

Your right! :frown:

91c1500

Forum Newbie
Threads

The admin could ip ban or even go as far as a mac address ban. At least i've heard you can mac address ban people which would shut them down from this site. Until they get a new computer that is.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The admin could ip ban or even go as far as a mac address ban. At least i've heard you can mac address ban people which would shut them down from this site. Until they get a new computer that is.

Yes you can Ban the Internet Provider if the Admin has that capability but sometimes that doesn't always work because you can have more than one IP.

91c1500

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes you can Ban the Internet Provider if the Admin has that capability but sometimes that doesn't always work because you can have more than one IP.

that's true plus they could use a proxy...