I got a new, undamaged, unused, never-opened Craftsman blade for two cents at Lowe's.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / I got a new, undamaged, unused, never-opened Craftsman blade for two cents at Lowe's.

Alex Ethridge

Threads
  • / I got a new, undamaged, unused, never-opened Craftsman blade for two cents at Lowe's.
I understand that feeling. I found such a deal on dog food once that I bought 20 bags. And bought a dog on the way home.

Lawn Addict
Threads
🤣

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wrong thread

Last edited:

Alex Ethridge

Threads
Just incase things don't work out with the rebuild, I got one of these. I probably should've went with the Stens and just swapped out the jets, if need be. It was about $80 cheaper. But the owner of this is a multi millionaire. And has kept my brother in work for over a decade now. Plus this mowers home is about 2hrs away. It's gotta be right the very first time. And stay that way.

Briggs has an online store now. I may start getting a few things from them also, just to try them out.

Briggs online store.

Thanks for that info.

MarineBob

Threads
A couple years ago we went to Home Depot near closing time to get something for the next days project. Near the check out they had some adhesive sealer, professional grade stuff in caulking type tubes. The price was like 99 cents so I figured I’d buy a tube. When it rang up, it was the case of 24 for 99 cents. I went back and grabbed the rest of the case that was missing 3 or 4 tubes all for less than a buck. One time at Lowes i was looking for a new chain saw. There was a nice Echo I liked for $250 and I guess a return for something like $200. I got the manager and told him my wife would approve only $135 (price of a cheap Poulan or some other brand). To my amazement he said OK and got it marked $135. I guess the moral is keep your eyes open

Cajun power

Threads
pro tip: when you go buy blades...or even string trimmer heads..go to store manager FIRST...ask them if you can shop their returns. this is especially true for the big box stores...lots of returns for wrong sized purchases. Same thing with chainsaw chain. And even tools! I have a hard ware store in the local area that I have made a good relationship with and they actually call me when they have tools returned that they cannot sell open box (usually something missing or slight imperfection...or simply wrong tool/returned gift). You'll be surprised.

I go to tractor supply last year and get 3 blades for a 52 ztr. 10 bucks for the whole set. Zip tied together...wrong blades ..returned...absolutely nothing wrong with them...normally 30-40 bucks for the set.

it's a thing.