that is some good advice using one for turning until I got used to it. It got much easier. thanks I really like it now.No no no!! You're all set, just give it some more time. I got mine last year and started by mowing zigzags all over the place. It was REALLY frustrating. Here's what I learned, and I hope I explain this okay. Pretty much, I use one or the other handle to keep my speed consistent. Then, I use the other to steer. It's just little movements back and forth with the one as the other remains still. By using only one to steer though, you're not jerking the mower around everywhere. It doesn't matter which handle you use to keep your speed or steer. I do that about ninety percent of the time I'm on it and it works well. Give it a shot. Good luck
thats for sure starting out in the open is a must. I would have crashed into my vehicles if not learning away from everything. thanks for the help.A Zero-Turn mower steers just like a shopping cart. Seriously.
I usually have people I'm teaching to operate one start at half throttle in an open area with the blades off. You don't want to do that for any length of time though because it can overheat the hydros. Then full throttle blades off, and only after they can operate it somewhat proficiently is it time to turn the blades on.