I found THE best ultrasonic cleaner

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Do you remove the check valves too? I'd like to learn more about replacing those. Would be a lot less time consuming than waiting on a new carburetor.
I've never removed the check valves, though i only submerge carbs that are realllllyyy gummed up, other wise carb spray and rebuild kit gets it done.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
whenever i submerge a carb for cleaning i strip it down to the bare casting as possible.
Yup, remove all rubber and plastic parts if possible. The wonder cleaners can eat rubber parts.

slomo

logert gogert

Threads
CAS No. 111-76-2

2-Butoxyethanol (C₄H₉OCH₂CH₂OH) is a colorless liquid with a mild odor. It can harm the eyes, skin, kidneys, and blood. Workers may be harmed from exposure to 2-butoxyethanol. The level of exposure depends upon the dose, duration, and work being done.

2-Butoxyethanol is used in many industries. It is used as a solvent and is found in paint strippers, thinners, and household cleaners.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most of the check valves are not replaceable. You can test them but that is about it.
Yup, remove all rubber and plastic parts if possible. The wonder cleaners can eat rubber parts.

slomo
This is why I use a 12.5 pH non-residual soap and water for most ultrasonic cleaning. I haven't had a can of dip or spray carburetor cleaner since 2014 in my shop. I also use Dawn Platinum and Ajax Dish soaps on especially greasy and oily carburetors.

Ultrasonics can get into areas where other methods can't easily get into. But even ultrasonics is not a cure all as some other cleanings methods are require along with ultrasonics at times. An example is the updraft carburetor I cleaned this week where if I had the time would gotten a solar electrolysis dip with white vinegar but the sun isn't shining this week so I use sulfuric acid method to remove hard aluminum oxidation residues.

Please don't confuse this acid dip with the Muriatic acid dip that we use to clean steel of aluminum transfers as it will destroy the carburetor.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is why I use a 12.5 pH non-residual soap and water for most ultrasonic cleaning. I haven't had a can of dip or spray carburetor cleaner since 2014 in my shop. I also use Dawn Platinum and Ajax Dish soaps on especially greasy and oily carburetors.

Ultrasonics can get into areas where other methods can't easily get into. But even ultrasonics is not a cure all as some other cleanings methods are require along with ultrasonics at times. An example is the updraft carburetor I cleaned this week where if I had the time would gotten a solar electrolysis dip with white vinegar but the sun isn't shining this week so I use sulfuric acid method to remove hard aluminum oxidation residues.

Please don't confuse this acid dip with the Muriatic acid dip that we use to clean steel of aluminum transfers as it will destroy the carburetor.
Ammonia is 11.6 on the ph scale. Again available in most homes and cheap. If ammonia can't clean or degrease a part, you've got issues LOL. That stuff will clean anything.

I too have no use for brake cleaners and carb dips. I use foaming window cleaner in a can as a safe substitute for brake cleaner.

Far as acids and carb corrosion, I would be scared to use that. Little WD-40 and a scotch brite pad maybe?

slomo

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have been using sulfuric acid to remove steel screw from aluminum for several years, slow as Christmas but does help to when corroded in place aluminum oxide. All I am looking for is for them to break loose. Save several case covers on Honda ATVs where the clutch adjustment bolt froze solid in place. That reminds me I need to pick-up another bottle of it when I'm back in town this weekend. Give it try on a corroded junk carb and see what you think. Be careful not to get anything like your blue jeans. The jeans won't survive the next washing without new holes.

The soap I'm using mixes at two tablespoons per 10 liters which makes it diluted strength at 12.5 pH. I think the ammonia is at 11.6 pH undiluted isn't it? Plus it probably leaves a residue behind requiring a plain water rinse bath.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Guys on the OPE forum say it is good too. I picked up 2 gallons today for $12. If this isn't the best stuff ever you owe me #12. ?

So how did the Awesome work out for you?

Last night, I was about to dump my dirty batch for a clean one. But found some clogged up vented fuel caps and some really nasty 2 cycle fuel tanks. I dropped them in for a 20 minute test run.
First rattle out of the box, the clogged vents in the caps were free'd up and clean. The fuel tanks took another 20 minutes, as they were coated on the bottom with all sort of dark tank hard crud. So another 20 minutes for them. But, they came out spotless.

I'm hooked on this stuff.

vanhanz

Threads
I've used awesome, I read that it was good to clean gutter stains, it worked pretty good until I noticed it was melting the paint off my gutters.