HydroGear EZT Transaxle

For everyone here on this thread. The 4400 is not compatible with the mounting points of the lower units. Not even close.
 
I have changed the oil on my ezt 2200 transaxles and reinstalled them. I bled them 6 or 7 times, both with the bypass disengaged and engaged. The right side drives decent going forward and barely turning in reverse. The left side is driving forward but slower than the right side and not moving in reverse. I'm thinking the belt may need replacing. Any input?
 
garrisond4550,

If you have a camera you can mount under the mower facing the belts to see if the belt spring is holding the belt tight against the pulleys, you can learn a great deal. I have used a GoPro to find slipping belts as well as belts rubbing steering rods for deck belts that caused the belts to fray and slip, to show springs that have allowed belts to overly move on the leeward side of the pulleys causing belts to slip.

If you jack up the mower in the rear, with wheels off, move the forward and rear lever to the rear, does it seem to correctly move the wheel on the side that is not pulling?

Max
 
Excellent. You may want to have someone help with throttle so you can try to view along with the camera.
 
No reason to get worked up over cuttin' grass. I'm just thinking that heavy use (extreme heat) & contamination without an easy way to change fluid & filter is what makes the ezt "light duty". They seem to be giving a lot of folks good service.

A '69 Hemi Superbee could test a Dana 60 rear end, but a slant 6 Valiant didn't need one. Some guys need a 1hp bandsaw and some only 1/2hp. On & on..

Mopar humor. :smile:
 
I have yet to have any issues with my Husqvarna Z4217,but I keep reading low engine rpm will damage the EZTs. While I never mow at less than at near or at full throttle,what happens when lower rpm is used? What gets damaged and how and why is what I was wondering. Just something I was curious about. So much great knowledge here! TIA!
 
I have yet to have any issues with my Husqvarna Z4217,but I keep reading low engine rpm will damage the EZTs. While I never mow at less than at near or at full throttle,what happens when lower rpm is used? What gets damaged and how and why is what I was wondering. Just something I was curious about. So much great knowledge here! TIA!

Hydro Gear says main issue with under running speed is heat build up. Running higher RPM keeps fan and fluid all moving and cooling.
Near WOT is best for cooling everything,engine,transmissions,everything,period. Now I know.
 
Back
Top