HydroGear EZT Transaxle

The EZT has a maintenance schedule but most manufacturers call it sealed or unserviceable. Go to the hydro-gear website and download the instruction manual and follow it.
 
Just joining... I have a 2009 toro z5030. It was driving fine until I pulled the bypass levers to physically push the mower, then moved the bypass back to original position. The next time I went to use the mower only the left side would drive. Then both sides stopped driving. I tapped on the units with a rubber mallet and the right side drove forward only. I have removed the transaxles from the mower. I physically moved the bypass levers with my hand forward and aft and was able to turn the axle in either position as if the bypass is stuck. I drained the oil from both transaxles. One side had 48 oz's and the other had 44 oz's. The oil was dark with no metal in it. Does anyone have any information on this problem? Thank you in advance for your input.
 
garrisond45,

I'd refill them, then bleed them. Most likely all you needed to do was to go thru the bleed process after pushing the rods back into place.
 
Boo,

Have any experience in having several Hydro Gear wheel motors in the shop at the same time? Thus able to state if a 4400 has the same mounting points, rod lever points, etc. as a 2800, 3100 and 3400?

If you can verify these have the same outer mounting points. I'm installing a pair of 4400s on a Raptor SD or go thru the set of 2800s and upgrade them to 4400s.

Thanks in advance,

Max
 
Boo,

Have any experience in having several Hydro Gear wheel motors in the shop at the same time? Thus able to state if a 4400 has the same mounting points, rod lever points, etc. as a 2800, 3100 and 3400?

If you can verify these have the same outer mounting points. I'm installing a pair of 4400s on a Raptor SD or go thru the set of 2800s and upgrade them to 4400s.

Thanks in advance,

Max

Sorry to say max, I have NO experience on these Hydro-Gear trannies ... I THINK, .. BlazNT MIGHT, .. be able to provide some insight into those items, you might give him a PM ... :thumbsup:
 
Boo,

Thank you kindly my friend. One of these days, I'll find a shop that is large enough to have a plethera of used units or even new units laying in the shelves to lay them all out and do some sleuthing. Hydro Gear, Excel, Scag, JD as well as the other brands I've contacted will not provide this information as they are afraid I may harm myself. lmbo

Max
 
Back
Top