Hydro-Gear Rear Axle

Austinm64

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi There,

I'm new to the forum and am based in the UK. (Although the mower lives and is used in France)
I have a 2002 Husqvarna CTH170 which, when warm, loses drive; leave it for 20 to 30 mins and it's ready to go again. Everything I've read suggests there is wear in either the 'pump' motor or the 'drive' motor. I have located the parts in the UK but for the cost of the parts, I could pick up a secondhand one from eBay.

The model number for mine is 321 0510

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between say 321 0510 and 322 0510 or 318 0510 or 355 0510 or 310 0510? What do the three numbers in front of 0510 stand for?

Cheers

Austin

keakar

Threads
first 3 numbers are usually the series design then followed by the actual part numbers, mtd uses 900 and 700 series first 3 numbers for parts

most parts show they work for all those first three number combos that each brand uses but some are series specific so the part will show what it fits

and dont order the part if it doesnt show your model specific part number

cruzenmike

Threads
Hi There,

I'm new to the forum and am based in the UK. (Although the mower lives and is used in France)
I have a 2002 Husqvarna CTH170 which, when warm, loses drive; leave it for 20 to 30 mins and it's ready to go again. Everything I've read suggests there is wear in either the 'pump' motor or the 'drive' motor. I have located the parts in the UK but for the cost of the parts, I could pick up a secondhand one from eBay.

The model number for mine is 321 0510

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between say 321 0510 and 322 0510 or 318 0510 or 355 0510 or 310 0510? What do the three numbers in front of 0510 stand for?

Cheers

Austin

For you problem, you can possibly look into doing a fluid change on your hydrostatic to see if your problem improves. It sounds as if there is something more than just bad fluid, but the change is not too hard or too costly to try. The biggest issue is getting the pulley off of the drive so that you can remove the fan and belt. Here is a link to the manual for the 310-510 which might give some guidance, while not the exact manual, it might be similar enough:

https://www.hydro-gear.com/07bc527886_sites/hydro-gear.com/files/BLN-51260_P8.pdf

gainestruk

Threads
I wouldn't buy a second hand hydrostatic drive on eBay unless a guarantee it can be returned for full refund, you have no idea how it's been treated or how many hours on it.
As stated above an oil change might be worth your while.

keakar

Threads
I wouldn't buy a second hand hydrostatic drive on eBay unless a guarantee it can be returned for full refund, you have no idea how it's been treated or how many hours on it.
As stated above an oil change might be worth your while.
ebay does have a 100% no questions asked free return policy for full refund

if its defective or doesnt work its automatic and you can print your return mailing label on the spot

you dont get that from amazon

gainestruk

Threads
ebay does have a 100% no questions asked free return policy for full refund

if its defective or doesnt work its automatic and you can print your return mailing label on the spot

you dont get that from amazon
This shows how often I use eBay, I've bought 1 starter for my 18 hp Kohler Courage and it was new in box?