Hydraulic question

Garlydog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark Laser z 60 inch deck. When I first start the mower, I can move and steer just fine. After a few minutes, I lose control of the right side. If I turn it off and let it sit for a half hours, same thing. Control for a few minutes, then nothing. I checked the oil level both hot and cold and they are OK. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Garlydog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since nobody has responded, I will post my continued work on this so I can refer to it in the future. To isolate whether it is the hydro motor or hydro pump, i swapped the hydromotors left/right. The problem persisted with the motors swapped. This leads me to believe that the problem is the hydro pump.

Born2Mow

Threads
And you have changed the fluid and filter on schedule ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And you have now contaminated the other pump with debris that can cause failure of that pump unit.

Bob Couch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 10 year old Exmark my neighbor sold me when he moved to Ohio two year ago. Lately the hydro drive has gotten sluggish. Still goes but uneven and not as fast over all as it was. The drive belt was worn with several missing teeth, but replacing it had no effect. I don't think the filter has ever been replaced. Could my problem be that simple?

Born2Mow

Threads
I have a 10 year old Exmark my neighbor sold me when he moved to Ohio two year ago. Lately the hydro drive has gotten sluggish. Still goes but uneven and not as fast over all as it was. The drive belt was worn with several missing teeth, but replacing it had no effect. I don't think the filter has ever been replaced. Could my problem be that simple?

A filter and fluid change is certainly the best place to start. Begin by pressure washing around the filters on both drive units so as to NOT contaminate the hydraulic system when the filters are removed.