Hustler X1 Spindle

sferrall

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Brand new here. Just inherited an X-One, model #930529, serial #11022660. I noticed one of my blade spindels has a bad bearing(s). Are these bearings replaceable or do I have to buy the whole spindle (601630)?

Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bearings are PN 607955 6206-2RS. Two per spindle.
1693327066689.png

Last edited:

sferrall

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks a lot! Easy to do or will I need a press? I noticed these are sealed bearings. What's the point of the zerk on the spindle then?

Last edited:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks a lot! Easy to do or will I need a press? I noticed these are sealed bearings. What's the point of the zerk on the spindle then?
I have a Arbor Press but I drive the bearings out with a my Roll Pin punch or other blunt steel rod .
The zerk , with sealed bearings , is for show and tell to look good to the customer .

If there's a tubing spacer between the bearings for the inner races to rest on, don't forget to install it after the 1st bearing is installed .

Last edited:

sferrall

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Arbor Press but I drive the bearings out with a my Roll Pin punch or other blunt steel rod .
The zerk , with sealed bearings , is for show and tell to look good to the customer .

If there's a tubing spacer between the bearings for the inner races to rest on, don't forget to install it after the 1st bearing is installed .
You were right, there was no grease in there so just for show. That would be a large cavity to fill with grease. Waste of grease.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT actually is not a waste of grease as if the cavity is full of grease then it can not get full of water
Sealed bearings are not moisture tight they are dust seal if rubber & debris shields if metal