Hustler Sport Left Arm Has Very Little Power

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Ok so Ive checked that out closely and its just the cog gear that is spinning not the motor shaft.Im aiming to swap it with the good cog gear tomorrow or at least take it off to see what the center of the cog gear looks like .If the end of the motor shaft is stripped -do you know if that is replaceable ?
Im in Australia and all i hear from my local lawn mower workshops is its not worth fixing as its too costly to replace the hydro.The mower is in immaculate condition besides this problem and I'm on a pension due to illness and cant afford to replace it.

Weld it up. I have done this successfully on more than one mower with stripped drive pulley on shaft.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I would not weld the cog gear to the shaft if you are considering rebuilding the unit as the shaft would have to be then cut off in order to disassemble the hydro. Beside this just a parking brake and you still the parking on the other side working.

Doing the repairs yourself it would easier to install new hydro. I understand funds being short but a new hydro would probably a lower cost when compared to replacing the whole mower. Overall condition is something to consider deciding on which path to take.

Without the actual model I can't even look up a US price but getting an unit from Hydro Gear would cheaper than going thru Hustler as they just mark it up further.