Hustler Fastrak

Tomcat71

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a Hustler Fastrak with a Kohler 7500 Pro EFI 27hp. It also has a 54” deck. Has anybody had any experience with this setup? I was also looking at the Hustler Fastrak SDX but I was concerned that the Kawasaki 22hp may have been a little underpowered. After cutting some thick grass with the Fastrak, I’m wondering if it is underpowered. It didn’t like the thick grass. I had a bad boy that struggled a little with a 23hp but not like the Fastrak.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I recently purchased a Hustler Fastrak with a Kohler 7500 Pro EFI 27hp. It also has a 54” deck. Has anybody had any experience with this setup? I was also looking at the Hustler Fastrak SDX but I was concerned that the Kawasaki 22hp may have been a little underpowered. After cutting some thick grass with the Fastrak, I’m wondering if it is underpowered. It didn’t like the thick grass. I had a bad boy that struggled a little with a 23hp but not like the Fastrak.
Your engine RPMs could be a little low. Check and set to 3,600 rpm no load conditions.
Also, check the level and pitch of your deck. Level side to side and pitched down a bit in the front. 1/8” to 1/2” down in front. 1/4” would be a good place to start.

Tomcat71

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your engine RPMs could be a little low. Check and set to 3,600 rpm no load conditions.
Also, check the level and pitch of your deck. Level side to side and pitched down a bit in the front. 1/8” to 1/2” down in front. 1/4” would be a good place to start.
My hour meter doesn’t show the rpm like the one on the bad boy did.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
My hour meter doesn’t show the rpm like the one on the bad boy did.
You can buy a decent digital unit off of Amazon. One that has an alligator clip for attaching to your spark plug wire. One that only gives the RPMs.
If it’s under warranty, contract your dealer and explain what’s going on with the unit.