Hustler clutch pulley

aussielawny

Threads
All Mower Spares have gone into recievership/liquidation, they were absolutely hopeless....maybe try OutdoorKing in Sydney

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All Mower Spares have gone into recievership/liquidation, they were absolutely hopeless....maybe try OutdoorKing in Sydney
I am not surprised . Down side is they have a lot of my money so I better get onto my lawyer quick smart .
All Mowers were part of McCarthur Mowers so they may have gone down as well .
McCarthur were pathetic service and spares wise as well .
There is another mob at Riverstone and Bruce in concord ( Outdoor King )
In a week I am of for a month to recoperate where I am not tempted to pull a starting rope and undo all the nice work the doctors did.
RGS have the slightly different sized pulley in stock in their Brisbane warehouse .
Rough idea where you are ?

Mad_mat222

Threads
I’ll probably order direct from Warner once the dollar improves.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You might be dead by the time that happens. The US government is currently at a complete standstill in Congress and we are probably headed a for complete shutdown.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll probably order direct from Warner once the dollar improves.
Last time I tried that the freight was $ 55 US
Bruce buys his parts from the same wholesalers as I do plus some direct from the franchise agents as of course he buys a lot more than me
HE is usually very helpful but some times needs a little nudge in the right direction
So if he says that he can not get the right clutch let him know some clown on the internet said RGS have one with a slightly larger pulley .
Most parts suppliers simply look up a cross chart to see what aftermarket part is an exact replacemet for your part.
Warner do have an Australian agent but that does not mean they will have your clutch but they will get one in with their next order but it will have to be ordered through one of their account holders
Some times it is a bummer to live in the white pimple on the brown bum of the planet
I can not help you now as it would take 3 days from ordering for it to get to RGS warehouse in Moorebank and I leave Monday

Good thing is unless we get some more rain there will be nothing to mow on the east coast .

Mad_mat222

Threads
Last time I tried that the freight was $ 55 US
Bruce buys his parts from the same wholesalers as I do plus some direct from the franchise agents as of course he buys a lot more than me
HE is usually very helpful but some times needs a little nudge in the right direction
So if he says that he can not get the right clutch let him know some clown on the internet said RGS have one with a slightly larger pulley .
Most parts suppliers simply look up a cross chart to see what aftermarket part is an exact replacemet for your part.
Warner do have an Australian agent but that does not mean they will have your clutch but they will get one in with their next order but it will have to be ordered through one of their account holders
Some times it is a bummer to live in the white pimple on the brown bum of the planet
I can not help you now as it would take 3 days from ordering for it to get to RGS warehouse in Moorebank and I leave Monday

Good thing is unless we get some more rain there will be nothing to mow on the east coast .
I’m doing the preseason maintenance now. Deck is stripped. Going to paint it. Also modify the tension idler. I’m putting in a bearing instead of the bolt and bush which just gets pulled through the deck. I think the unit I have put in may be a little on the light side but will see. Few cracks to weld up and tyres to change.

That clutch I will order direct from the states and even with freight it’s still $200 cheaper than I was quoted here.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm gonna be starting to do my end of season mow equipment services. Doing hydros fluid & filters & all the other stuff as well.
We are in a drought so grass went dormant ( Not complaining)...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m doing the preseason maintenance now. Deck is stripped. Going to paint it. Also modify the tension idler. I’m putting in a bearing instead of the bolt and bush which just gets pulled through the deck. I think the unit I have put in may be a little on the light side but will see. Few cracks to weld up and tyres to change.

That clutch I will order direct from the states and even with freight it’s still $200 cheaper than I was quoted here.
I usually get US orders from Jack Small Engines or Messeks or K & C .
All of which have been very good to me over the years , Jackes especially as they often warn me thatmy order has gone into the next freight charge so ask if I want to split it or add some more ( I usually add more ) to amotise the freight charge over more parts .
I tried Pro Parts Direct because Taryl flogs them all the time but they really did not want to export to OZ
And watch the AU<>US rates becaue most credit cards add a substantial margin for themselves 3% to 6% and at 62¢ that adds up quickly .
I use a travel cash card ( bought from the Post Office ) to convert $ AUS to $ US as they give the best rates and I can actually play at being a currency trader
So you convert your $ Aus to $ US when the rate is favourable then pay them with the travel card .
I bought a $ 5000 Aus card , topped it up 3 times before it expired .
Done that way I never see a GST charge on my goods .
Payed with any Aust credit card or Pay Pal then everything including freight is shown + 10% GST.
IT is just a shame that there are way too many exclusive franchise holders in OZ trying to make way too much money from way too little turn over
And there is a cosy cartel of a 1/2 dozen Melbourne families who seem to control the lot .

Last edited: