Hustler - bad customer service.Be aware

a24036

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day, guys
I'm having terrible experience buying Raptor SD 54". I've ordered at the and of April and still did not get it. Dealer keeps telling me stories about recalls and shipping troubles and how unresponsive Hustler sales people are. I've tried to contact Hustler directly but there is no phone number and I could only submit message on their web site. No answer from Hustler either. Last thing that I've heard is that my mower was shipped last Friday but no tracking information available. So be careful - it my be worth spending a little bit more but not deal with Hustler non-sense.

mooch91

Threads
I can't speak first-hand for their customer service, haven't needed any help yet.

But an observation... I recently 'liked' their facebook page and struck up some dialogue with their customer service rep through that the other night. She and I were exchanging messages at 8PM EST. I got the impression that they pride themselves on the quality of their customer service.

If you're a facebook member, you might consider contacting them that way. If you're not, PM me some contact info and I'll see if I can get it to them.

a24036

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't speak first-hand for their customer service, haven't needed any help yet.

But an observation... I recently 'liked' their facebook page and struck up some dialogue with their customer service rep through that the other night. She and I were exchanging messages at 8PM EST. I got the impression that they pride themselves on the quality of their customer service.

If you're a facebook member, you might consider contacting them that way. If you're not, PM me some contact info and I'll see if I can get it to them.

Thank you very much.

L454S

Threads
I got my Raptor SD 54 on the 16th. The manager at the dealer told me he would be out by the next day. He said he had one in the back to assemble that I was going to get. The other was the floor model that I had been looking at, next guy to come was going to take that one because he was out and was told there would be a delay in new orders. Never got into the reason.

a24036

Forum Newbie
Threads
Passed along your info. Let me know what happens!

Just got a call from Hustler representative. Very nice lady. She said she would truck my order and get back to me. Also she told that they did not expect such a demand on Raptor SD 54" for this year - model was new for this year? I would think that ordering month and a half in advance would do the trick but it did not.
Point plus to Hustler customer service. Let's see what develops. :smile:
Thank you very much for your help - I was clueless where to go and what to do.

MRCo.

Threads
The RSD has been a wild success that Hustler did not anticipate. It's my biggest seller. The 54" is especially popular, the time from dealer order to delivery right now is four weeks at the very very best. I also heard rumours that Kawi are struggling to keep up the supply of engines. Yes, the recall was a blip but that's just about all done by now. To give yo an idea how many are selling I will give you two things to the think about. 1. I sold units numbers 2828 and 2829 off the line in March. Almost 3000 made in march! That's a lot of mowers they are kicking out and they are still 4 weeks out! 2. Look at the discussions on here, no other mower has near the same amount. That tells you it's popula. Trust me, it's worth the wait!

mooch91

Threads
Just got a call from Hustler representative. Very nice lady. She said she would truck my order and get back to me. Also she told that they did not expect such a demand on Raptor SD 54" for this year - model was new for this year? I would think that ordering month and a half in advance would do the trick but it did not.
Point plus to Hustler customer service. Let's see what develops. :smile:
Thank you very much for your help - I was clueless where to go and what to do.

Glad it worked out and glad to help. Considering the circumstances we're hearing around the Raptor SD, sounds like you're still doing OK. I can vouch for MRCo's comments - it's definitely worth the wait! I got lucky and the dealer had a few in stock, but I'm in the middle-of-nowhere PA so the market is different I'm sure.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I'm supposed to take delivery tomorrow AM,it will be interesting to see the serial #(I'll post it) and see if the fix was done.I ordered mine the 29th of April.Appreciate the info about Hustler factory production.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Well, I got my RSD today! Couple questions:1)the blades have what looks like black paint,they don't seem particularly sharp...is this normal or do I need to take em off and sharpen? 2)my hour meter reads 63.3 however the mower appears brand new in all respects....should this be reported to make sure it doesn't interfere with warranty? I know....go ask the dealer! thanks,I'm just a might anxious with this new Z experience.:confused2: BTW...my serial is 0522.If I'm reading things correctly mine was #522 in May 2014.I would love to have that contact # mooch91 if things go south. Thanks to all and have a great holiday!

Last edited: