Export thread

Husqvarna yth23v48

A

Aldo0280

I just purchased a husqvarna yth23v48 mower used for well what i thought was a good deal because the ppl selling it said it was running rough so i kinda figured it needed the carb cleaned & maybe valves adjusted wich it did or at least i cleaned the carb & adjusted the valve anyways but the mower qould start right up & run but when i got it home & ran it for a bit it started to smoke bad out of the exhaust & it was oil smoke at first i thought maybe it would burn off since there was a ton of grease & grim o the exhaust but it didnt so anyways after a lil searching online i was hoping that it was maybe the head gasket well srry let me back up when checking it out trying to figure out the problem i found that there was only the pre air filter in it & it looked like there was some dirt that had gotten past it & into the carb/motor wich im now wondering if thats my problem but i first pulled the breather assembly out because i could see the breather line was puking oil into the carb so i pulled the breather apart & cleaned it up wich actually seemed to make it worse so then after searching online i was hoping it was the head gasket i had some oil seeping from my fuel pump from the lil mesh or whatever it is in the middle & i saw something about after it warms up to shut it off & pull the dipstick out & see if there is smoke in side wich there was idk if that matters or not? So anyways i did a compression test & it has 150psi in both cylinders? Wich seems good to me but i pulled one of the heads off but couldnt find anything that looked obvious as far as a bad gasket but while i had the head off & would rotate the motor over everytime the piston came back out it would push a bit of oil out with it? Is this normal i cant imagine it is so if not could i maybe have good compression rings but bad oil rings? I have ordered a set of new gaskets for both heads but im inpatient so i ran around town & found the only 1 head gasket i could find & i put it on the side that i thought was bad & it did seem to smoke less while running but its still puking alot of oil out the breather hose into the carb & its still smoking pretty good. Is it common for both head gaskets to be bad at the same time & or is there any other way that pressure can get into the crancase? Oh & btw the motor on this mower is a 23hp briggs and stratton intek twin cylinder ohv motor i think the motor model num is 445577 any advice or help would be very much appreciate thank u!

I

ILENGINE

What did the cylinder walls look like. Was there still signs of the crosshatch pattern on the cylinder walls, or are they smooth with a lip at the top of the cylinder. I suspect from your description that you have a dirt ingestion wear issue which will wear all internal parts in a hurry, especially the newer engines that rely on tight tolerances to function properly.