Husqvarna YTH2246 (2009) pricing, used?

venterminator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,

I'm definitely new to this; hoping I can get some insight.

I flipped a cheap mower on Craigslist for a profit, then used that as seed money to go after a Husqvarna mower. It was advertised as having a "broken deck." I took a look and it was completely missing the suspension arm, a 13 dollar part. Luckily I was first in line for the deal and took the mower. It looks and runs great after putting the arm on. It's a YTH2246 purchased in 2009 with 400 hours. I paid 600 for the mower.

It has the 22HP Briggs Twin, 724cc, pedal hydrostat, 46" deck, manual blade engagement, cruise control, mow in reverse, 16" turn radius, 3 scalp wheels, all maintenance up to date and everything works great.

Since I'm new to riding mowers and can't find the original MSRP, etc, I cannot really tell if I got a deal or not. I mowed with this thing a couple times and love it, but I'm tempted to check and see if I can flip this one for some profit and just buy a brand new Husqvarna.

What do you think the mower is worth and is it worth trying for a new one? I haven't found drastically different specs, other than having a nice new machine and some warranty coverage.

lawnman19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,

I'm definitely new to this; hoping I can get some insight.

I flipped a cheap mower on Craigslist for a profit, then used that as seed money to go after a Husqvarna mower. It was advertised as having a "broken deck." I took a look and it was completely missing the suspension arm, a 13 dollar part. Luckily I was first in line for the deal and took the mower. It looks and runs great after putting the arm on. It's a YTH2246 purchased in 2009 with 400 hours. I paid 600 for the mower.

It has the 22HP Briggs Twin, 724cc, pedal hydrostat, 46" deck, manual blade engagement, cruise control, mow in reverse, 16" turn radius, 3 scalp wheels, all maintenance up to date and everything works great.

Since I'm new to riding mowers and can't find the original MSRP, etc, I cannot really tell if I got a deal or not. I mowed with this thing a couple times and love it, but I'm tempted to check and see if I can flip this one for some profit and just buy a brand new Husqvarna.

What do you think the mower is worth and is it worth trying for a new one? I haven't found drastically different specs, other than having a nice new machine and some warranty coverage.

I have the same mower and paid 1,500 new in 09.