Husqvarna YTH1842 compression issue?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ring around & check
Most would not because they do not have engine stands because they no longer do engine rebuilds
It also knocks off 2 to 4 billing hours if and only if the engine needs removing
Top end jobs are all done engine if mower as are lower oil seals

DHook

Threads
Thanks for the reply. Everything I've read about replacing the compression release mechanism says the motor has to come off the mower to do the job. I was thinking I could save a little money by doing the motor removal myself and just bring the motor to the shop to have the mechanism replaced since it requires opening up the case, which I'm not sure I can handle.

I have to check and adjust the valves first to see if the problem is in the valve clearances before assuming it's the mechanism.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the reply. Everything I've read about replacing the compression release mechanism says the motor has to come off the mower to do the job. I was thinking I could save a little money by doing the motor removal myself and just bring the motor to the shop to have the mechanism replaced since it requires opening up the case, which I'm not sure I can handle.

I have to check and adjust the valves first to see if the problem is in the valve clearances before assuming it's the mechanism.
Yelp the engine has to come off if the camshaft has to be replaced. No way; unless, you have the abilities to pass though solid objects with the the parts. The engine has to be split in order to access the internals.