Husqvarna W4815a Deck Belt Question

awalker3

Forum Newbie
I have a husqvarna W4815a walk behind mower. I recently started having issues with the belt slipping off when disengaging the blades. The belt looked like crap so I figured it was time for a new one. I put one on today, but I'm still having the same issue. Does anyone have one of these that they could take a picture of their deck belt while the blades are engaged and disengaged and let me see if I didn't do something correctly? Here is a photo of mine - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5wxyeDxQV9EU1dSU0R0OFNEZlU/view?usp=sharing. You'll notice the belt having fallen down low enough towards that top pulley that it won't catch it right when I try to engage the blades. I've tried to check the guides and still haven't figured it out. Thanks for the help!

This is the guide I've tried to use - http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/huso/huso2001_usen/huso2001_usen_o0103005_.pdf.
 
The belt goes on the upper pulley from the engine. The belt on the other side goes on the lower pulley.
 
In figure 6 of the manual you will see a belt keeper fitted to the bolt that holds the moving pulley on.
There is an arrow pointing to it with the required clearence 1/4" .
On yours you will see what looks like a washer with a flat side which will be the remenants of the belt keeper.
 
The belt goes on the upper pulley from the engine. The belt on the other side goes on the lower pulley.

Ahh, I didn't even notice that on the diagram. When I replaced the belt it was on the bottom so I just put it back that way. Thanks!
 
In figure 6 of the manual you will see a belt keeper fitted to the bolt that holds the moving pulley on.
There is an arrow pointing to it with the required clearence 1/4" .
On yours you will see what looks like a washer with a flat side which will be the remenants of the belt keeper.

Ok, I do see that. That looks like it is something they are calling a Snubber, part 36, does that look right to you? http://www.partselect.com/Models/W4815A/Sections/Page-C/?ModelID=4952201&ModelNum=W4815A&mfgModelNum=W%204815%20A%20539104773-01%20-2000-02&ManufactureID=126&Selected=W_4815_A_(539104773-01)_(2000-02)_WW_3.gif&Position=3&mfg=Husqvarna&Type=Lawn-Mower&Mark=3

Another question, then they are talking about belt clearance, those measurements are taken when the belt is engaged, correct? Thanks for the help!
 
Yes and yes.
I would order 2 of them if I was you.
looks like a stupid idea to me to have such a long canterlever with a slot.
 
Yes and yes.
I would order 2 of them if I was you.
looks like a stupid idea to me to have such a long canterlever with a slot.

Thanks for the help bertsmobile1! I was able to get everything back up and running yesterday. There was a snubber looking piece under the mower that I couldn't really tell was doing a whole lot so I took it and crafted it to fit.
 
Back
Top