Husqvarna tuff torg fan replacement

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
So what I would do is first measure the fan thickness to be sure it is the same. Look at the part number on the old one.

I might pull up a little on the shaft with my hand to see if it has any play in it. The parts photo and some articles refer to a spring (wavy) washer under the fan. That would need compressing.

I can't promise you this will work, but I have put on stubborn snap rings on other things by putting them around the shaft, and then sliding a socket over them and tapping the socket lightly. That compresses the washer under it and forces the snap ring down. Without a photo of how far off in thickness you are, it is hard to give a valid answer what the problem is. Be sure the splines are clean and no debris sitting on top of the washer or under it.

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mm''p
I didn’t . There’s no give or flexibility after I removed the locking ring. So am I to assume that I compress the fan and then reinstall the locking ring? I soak the area with Blaster Spray hoping that lose it up. This is very frustrating.
see

Attachments

• C34E185B-22F4-4FD8-BAC2-D1493CF734F7.png
    C34E185B-22F4-4FD8-BAC2-D1493CF734F7.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 20

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
all I see in the image is a dirty pulley and a shaft sticking up with a slot for a snap ring. Is the fan under the pulley? What am I supposed to be looking at? FWIW when I take things apart I usually clean them, inspect, ( and maybe paint) before putting them back together. Your photo was so small that I had to blow it up to see it, and that makes it blurry.

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
all I see in the image is a dirty pulley and a shaft sticking up with a slot for a snap ring. Is the fan under the pulley? What am I supposed to be looking at? FWIW when I take things apart I usually clean them, inspect, ( and maybe paint) before putting them back together. Your photo was so small that I had to blow it up to see it, and that makes it blurry.
Thanks for your input

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input. I have struggled with this replacement and have also reached out to Tuff Torq. Apologies for the photo quality had trouble with file . Basically what I have after removing the snap ring. Appears to be a washer followed by some plastic core around the stem when I removed the snap ring. Wondering if the plastic I’m seeing is the core of the previous fan. Thinking about trying to remove the plastic ring to see if this allows the washer to slide down the shaft so I can install the fan. Thoughts?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
gotta remove what is left of the old fan before installing the new one.

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
gotta remove what is left of the old fan before installing the new one.
I think I’ve removed most of the old fan. Assuming after removing the stop clip the washer would just pull off. The washer is moving at all. I’ve soaked it overnight with WD40 no luck. Very frustrating.