Husqvarna pto goes slow

Vistaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just acquired a low hours used Husqvarna p525d commercial mower. Worked perfectly last week on its first outing. However today when engaging pto the pto shaft moves very slowly 45rpm and drive belts in engine slip. The belts don't slip when pto is disconnected from deck. There is no drop in performance of the 4 wheel drive. The symptoms seem to point to an issue with the deck but blades rotate without much resistance by hand when pto is disconnected. Could this be an issue with air in hydraulics causing a reduction in power? Working perfectly last week but not now....

Bertrrr

Threads
Are you saying your blade speed is slow ? or your Drive system is slow ,
If it's your blade speed you'll need to look at the clutch

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your drive works fine then no it is not a hydraulic issue as the hydraulic pump is direct drive off the the crankshaft. Now if it is the electric PTO drive belt that are slipping the either they are heavily worn or you got a binding issue in the deck drive system. Probably a failing bearing.

But the mower's IPL does not include the deck so what the deck model number.

First to see the workshop manual on this mower and it is terrible. Very little useful info.

Vistaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is the 155 deck. Trying to find a workshop manual. Symptoms appear to indicate binding in the deck, although I can move the blades freely by hand( hard to judge the level of resistance as I've only just bought the unit) I'm going to tighten the PTO belts. The clutch doesn't appear to slip, it engages and belts slip, the PTO shaft does rotate but very slowly so clearly there is either too much resistance or belts are loose or a maybe a hydraulic issue.(?) Removing the deck pto and all is good.

Vistaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Discovered the problem is the bearing cage is broken. This is the assembly which tensions the PTO drive belts.thanks your your comments!