Husqvarna mower with Briggs and Stratton engine

Update - got the carburetor straightened out and the mower starts up. Only problem is it runs for about 5 to 10 minutes, noticed 1 thing the primer bulb has a hole in it, is this normal?
 
I confirmed the primer bulb is supposed to have a hole in it. So I am back to the fact the mower still only runs for a limited amount of time. Is there a way to test the coil, the mower runs strong for a limited amount of time and then just stops. I assume that the carburetor is clear and doing what it is suppose to do. I am thinking the coil gets hot and the spark gets weak or non-existant or at the very best weak.
 
Is it possible that the gas tank is not venting properly (usually through the cap) and creating a vacuum and starving the engine of gas?
 
Had not thought of that, is there a way to check that other than taking the cap off and trying to start? I'll check later today and report.
 
Check your fuel lines for dirt or kinks. Sounds like a kinked or clogged line. Also re check needle valve and see if its moving when the float goes down.
 
Back
Top