Husqvarna M ZT 52 $4999. Need advice

DAJOKER69

Threads
New to the board and I have done a search but did not find an answer. I am going to by a MZT52 with a 28hp Briggs Saturday. The dealer has it on sale for $4999. My question is I have done a lot of searching and it seems like this was the engine used a couple years ago. Am I buying and "old" new mower and if so is $4999 a good price.

Thanks for any input that you can give in advance.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
New to the board and I have done a search but did not find an answer. I am going to by a MZT52 with a 28hp Briggs Saturday. The dealer has it on sale for $4999. My question is I have done a lot of searching and it seems like this was the engine used a couple years ago. Am I buying and "old" new mower and if so is $4999 a good price.

Thanks for any input that you can give in advance.

A new MZT runs between $5500 and $6k. Does the mower have the briggs commercial turf with the cyclonic air filter? If so that is the new mid level commercial briggs engine. If the mower isn't a demo then that's a fair price imo. Offer the dealer $5k out the door. Maybe he will accept and you will save that few hundred in tax. If it's the engine before the commercial turf I would offer $4500 out the door.

DAJOKER69

Threads
A new MZT runs between $5500 and $5800. Does the mower have the briggs commercial turf with the cyclonic air filter? If so that is the new mid level commercial briggs engine. If the mower isn't a demo then that's a fair price imo. Offer the dealer $5k out the door. Maybe he will accept and you will save that few hundred in tax.

Yes it does have the cyclonic air cleaners. When i go back i will verify the engine hours. Thanks for your fast reply. I am super nervous and have spent hours researching. Almost bought one from SLE but found this one a hour and a half away for 150 more than SLE

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes it does have the cyclonic air cleaners. When i go back i will verify the engine hours. Thanks for your fast reply. I am super nervous and have spent hours researching. Almost bought one from SLE but found this one a hour and a half away for 150 more than SLE

No problem, let me know if you pull the trigger and how it does on your lawn if you do. The mzt is one of the better priced commercial mowers out there and a very good machine.

DAJOKER69

Threads
No problem, let me know if you pull the trigger and how it does on your lawn if you do. The mzt is one of the better priced commercial mowers out there and a very good machine.

I sure will. I have a 60 inch LazerCut that I use at my job. I am gonna go with the MZT because I really like all the grease points. And I think Exmark is just over priced. Thanks again. I will be able to sleep tonight knowing I am getting a decent deal.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I sure will. I have a 60 inch LazerCut that I use at my job. I am gonna go with the MZT because I really like all the grease points. And I think Exmark is just over priced. Thanks again. I will be able to sleep tonight knowing I am getting a decent deal.

Exmark mowers are very good machines but I agree that they are over priced. in truth Every brand that manufactures a commercial ztr mower offer similar drive train options and are very sturdy made. Basically you are paying for paint color and what ever different extra features each brand offers to make them different. That's why I went with snapper pro in 2012. It was close between the mower I purchased and the mzt. They were both priced better than every other brand I was looking at. The other brands were priced $7k and up for a commercial drive train.

Threads
You will like it. I have ran exmarks for probably the last 7 years and 1 Ferris. I like the exmarks but I can't afford the price tag on a new or used one. People want 4000 for a machine that has 2000 hours on it. I know a few people that bought the mzt 61 and they like it. I just purchased one 2 weeks ago and mowed with it 3 times already. I chose he Kawasaki motor. I heard it was better plus they sold it to me for the price of the Briggs because it had 4.5 hours on it. The cut is nice on it too. Only thing I noticed is it is very rough to ride on my yard compared to my dad's old exmarks I borrowed. Maybe cause this one is faster I don't know though cause neither have a suspension seat. I just ordered a suspension kit for it and it came in today. I got to do some modifications tomorrow or Sunday to make it work. Other than that I love it just as much as the exmarks so far. And my pocket book loves it too ha-ha.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The Exmark isn't over priced, it's just a better quality machine.

Threads
Exmarks are a great well built machine but for the average home owner they are over priced. If are running a business then they are great

DAJOKER69

Threads
Ok bought the MZT 52 yesterday and cut with it. All I can say is amazing. Like I said I use a LazerCut 60 at my job so this is not my first zero turn.

This MZT has the 28 hp Briggs engine. There are a few other reviews of this lawnmower so I wont bore you with mine. But I will say that it is very powerful and fast! It is well built. The sticks took a little getting use to because they are stiffer than the Exmark. The hour meter only runs when the blades are engaged also. There a plenty grease fittings so maintenance will be easy. I read in another review that the trans wines kinda loud. This is true when the engine is not running at high rpms.

I have no complaints and I am pleased with the purchase. Thanks to everyone that replied.