Husqvarna Hyrdo-gear issue ..

wheelie

Threads
I have never had a hydro gear drive mower before so here is the history (as I know it) and issue..

Tractor is a Husqvarna LTF 130 with a Kohler 15 HP. engine
Transmission is a Hydro-Gear with the tag numbers of ... 171613, 322-0510, 0004H6240..

A guy was going to dump this mower and I heard about it so I got in touch with him and for hauling it off.. it was mine.. I did check that the engine felt fine with a manual rotation and it felt good.. He also told me there was no starter on it and gave me the pieces of 2 starters that his friend tried to make one out of.. .... I got it home and charged the battery. and decided to check the start solenoid.. Good thing as it was toast ..I ordered a solenoid and starter and installed them when they arrived.... while I was waiting I changed the fuel lines and filter.. .. This sucker started right up.. runs great.. put it in gear (never having drove a hydrostatic tractor before) It went forward.. it went backwards..It would change speeds with lever position or throttle position.. It has an electric deck drive and I pulled the lever and blades took off.. So.. it was getting to needing it.. I mowed my front yard.. All worked fine.. Perfect .. except the steering was very loose.. I parked it and got to looking and the Drag Link on the drivers side was wired on.. and I grabbed a flashlight and looked under the battery and saw that the steering shaft support was completely shot..So I order a new drag link ..a new steering box and shaft.. and a new steering bushing.. When those parts arrived I pulled the deck and replaced all the parts.. I then took it for a drive around the yard.. Steering was tight and worked good..So I parked it and put the deck back under it.. decided to mow the yard.. put it in gear.. and nothing.. No forward.. No backward.. no noise changes.. And Again my first time messing with a hydro-gear system..

Hope you guys have a magic fix.. All parts were OEM (except Starter) so now I have a expensive free mower.. LOL..

Well I think this happened before.. I tried upload some pictures but again 'file is to large'..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to Husqvarna and download the owners manual
Most likely you have dissengaged the hydro drive
There is a bypass lever on the box so you can push it
Usually a rod poking out the back on the mower on Huskies
If you can push it easily then this will be the problem.
If it feels like the brake is on & the wheels are locked up then the brake has jambed.
You test this by jacking up both back wheels & try to turn one.
If the brake is locked on turning one will cause the other to turn in the opposite direction
Last thing to check is the actual drive belt.
As you have been under the mower big time chances are you have dropped the belt off a pulley
It is hard to see & I like to feel it as the belt can jump off the rear and sit between the fan & the pulley which looks like it is on properly