Husqvarna GT48XLSi serious wiring problems- HELP!

Craftsman Garage

Threads
I recently bought a Husqvarna GT riding mower and the previous owner absolutely destroyed the wiring so I am looking to replace it to its former glory and I am unable to find a good wiring harness and smart switch. Is it possible that I could replace only the smart switch with the key switch if I get a new wiring harness, which is already very hard to find in itself? Trying to be as OEM as possible with this and also, where is the automatic choke located? Because he bypassed that too

Craftsman Garage

Threads
So I’m looking online and there I no way that I’m going to spend 100 dollars on a wiring harness fit for this model so I’m thinking I could buy a harness that is very close to what I need but has that key switch port. Leave me a link if you find a close harness

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
there I no way that I’m going to spend 100 dollars on a wiring harness fit for this model
Cheaper than an eviction, Sheriff, HOA or Housing Enforcement ticket.

What is it with people that don't want to spend any money what so ever on lawn mowers? Then they run out and spend $1200.00 cell phones. Trying to keep up with the Jones' I guess??

Tough to help you if you don't buy any parts or even try to repair what you have currently.

Craftsman Garage

Threads

What is it with people that don't want to spend any money what so ever on lawn mowers? Then they run out and spend $1200.00 cell phones. Trying to keep up with the Jones' I guess??

Tough to help you if you don't buy any parts or even try to repair what you have currently.
I could get arrested for not buying the correct part but tweaking it to fit? I don’t think so, it is physically impossible to fix the existing harness

Craftsman Garage

Threads

I’m trying to FIND the parts, so I can buy them

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
getting husqvarna parts lately seems to be an exercise in futility. I run a mower shop and getting OEM husqvarna parts is a PITA. Good luck.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
I know! All the harnesses are $100+, it’s insane!

Craftsman Garage

Threads
getting husqvarna parts lately seems to be an exercise in futility. I run a mower shop and getting OEM husqvarna parts is a PITA. Good luck.
I do too. That’s why I’m trying to do this, I’m not gonna charge my customers the $100 for the harness and $100 for labor!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, you do need to charge him that. He brought it to you in a certain condition and wants you to return it in a different condition. That costs money. If he wants a short cut cheap job then do that. If he wants the trashed wiring fixed right it will cost a few hundred. Being a one man little shop people bring me stuff like that a lot because the big shops won't touch it. I tell them up front rewiring and bringing stuff back from the grave to working condition usually runs a few hundred maybe more. That riding mower they picked up for $20 that needs "a little work" doesn't look so good now.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then if can't find an used mower that is being parted out you need take a pass on this. Personally I inform the customer the costs and let them decide the path they want to take.

Sometime they have to bite the bullet and just do it if they want the mower repaired.

But personally I hate getting things like this in my shop. But just take look at what it will cost to jack it up and run new mower underneath nowadays.