Husqvarna drive problem

MOBUCKETS

Forum Newbie
My Husqvarna forward or reverse pedals will not depress unless I first engage clutch. Also if I take foot off either pedal mower slows down but does not stop until brake is applied and occassionally mower starts moving with no pedals depressed. Also wire loop sometimes will not disengage transmission when pulled out.
 
If the mower has a transmission in a black composite casing, it is most likely a General Transmissions unit, the RS800. If you're having an issue with it shifting hard or sticking it could be a build up of debris, I'm attaching a link to their site and a video for reference. It shows a guy riding one and it's hard shifting between fwd/rev and a good cleaning takes care of it. They also have a good troubleshooting section and service manual PDFs Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKH-habvBFg
http://services.generaltransmissions.com/en/tutorial.html
 
If the mower has a transmission in a black composite casing, it is most likely a General Transmissions unit, the RS800. If you're having an issue with it shifting hard or sticking it could be a build up of debris, I'm attaching a link to their site and a video for reference. It shows a guy riding one and it's hard shifting between fwd/rev and a good cleaning takes care of it. They also have a good troubleshooting section and service manual PDFs Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKH-habvBFg
http://services.generaltransmissions.com/en/tutorial.html

Thanks. Your video shows a mower with identical symptoms as mine. One thing I never thought about earlier but my problems all started after I was finishing up mulching leaves with the mulch plate attached. I did find a lot of debris on top of the transmission and cleaned that but I never knew the junk could get inside the tranny. I will check that out and chances are good I will find debri inside. Many thanks again.
 
Back
Top