Husqvarna belt snapped

finally... success!

After removing the mower and purchasing a mojack, I was able to extract the last of the shredded belt and see that it was indeed the "mower drive belt" that needed replacing (page 22 of the manual)

The only real tough part in replacing the belt (apart from studying the smallish picture in the manual) was pulling the spring tight enough to get the correct tension back.

Is there a better method than two people and some non-stretch string to do this?

I tried to find a belt at some auto places but they didn't have any with the correct width so I went with the OEM one from Lowes
 
its best to have the deck disconnected and loop the belt around the engine [clutch pulley]...then the rest of the pulleys and raise deck enough to start hooking everything up....have anymore pictures?
 
no more pictures... but if I wasn't clear, it's all hooked up now and working. It was just a pain getting the spring back into the little connecting hole to maintain the tension.

It seemed like the only way to do it was to have one person at the back of the mower pulling on the spring via the string (to stretch it) while another persons sit at the side and guides it into the connecting hole
 
I am a husky fan and have a new MZ6128 awesome machine , with that said I have the YTH 2448 and it eats belts , I have tried everything, lift the front of deck ,cut a litthe higher helped some . if you look at the belt angle from enjine to deck it has a lot of angle , bad belt entery if you lift the deck all the way up , it lines up fine but when you drop the deck down to cutting position it puts the belt in a bind . the engineers missed this one .
 
Back
Top