Husqvarna 150bt

Uga7878

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, I am aware that Husqvarna.com says that the 150 is a "commercial" blower. It also has different air output specs between the 150 and the 350. How is this possible when they both have the same engines and blower mechanism? The 150 is a stripped down version of the 350 that was made for Lowes to lower their cost to meet a pricepoint. The next time you are at Lowes look around and see if you see any commercial power equipment, the 150 is no exception. The magnesium crankcase, high volume air filtration, improved starter mechanism, improved crankshaft, cylinder piston assemblies is what separates the 570 and 580 into the true commercial blower category. Not trying to bash the 150 and 350, they are both decent blowers. Just the next time you are in the market for a blower check out the 570 and 580. You will see the difference. I sell pallets of all these models every year but when I put a 350 in the hands of a commercial guy I get complaints.

boston

Threads
I think the 150 might be better than the 350 because as you said, the air speed specs are different and from what it said on the site. This is just a way for husqvarna to make more money because they are charging more for a blower that they renamed.

boston

Threads
I think they just started selling it at lowes. Before the 350 came out they probably weren't selling the 150. It has just as much power as the 570 and 580 there's just some small things that are better. Also the air speed for the 150 is higher than some of the higher end models.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I am aware that Husqvarna.com says that the 150 is a "commercial" blower. It also has different air output specs between the 150 and the 350. How is this possible when they both have the same engines and blower

It's possible because they're using different sizes and lengths of tubes. The 150 is a four stage tube to the controls, the 350 is a five stage tube to the controls so it creates more air flow. The longer the air is condensed the stronger the air produced.

Threads
Really people. Really! I know we are all dwelling and going back and forth about this but, come on! Have any of you owned anything bigger than this little 350 blower? I mean really?! Comparing to the 570 or the 580!!!???? Go to lowes and ask their mechanic which one that all their landscape customers use and how many fleet are equipped with this 350? Be for real now. Seriously.

boston

Threads
There blowing power is about the same. I think anything over 50 cc is the same. The 150 has plenty of power and I would get a third one but money is tight right now.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Really people. Really! I know we are all dwelling and going back and forth about this but, come on! Have any of you owned anything bigger than this little 350 blower? I mean really?! Comparing to the 570 or the 580!!!???? Go to lowes and ask their mechanic which one that all their landscape customers use and how many fleet are equipped with this 350? Be for real now. Seriously.

Ask a mechanic at lowes, Really! :laughing: At least go to a reputable dealer if your going to ask, someone who knows what there talking about.