Husqvarana YTH2448

YOTAMAN20

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Im new the forum and I have a problem. I am having to jump my lawnmower off every time i start it. The battery is not holding charge. BUT.. while jumping it off and its connected to my Truck (after running) the gauge is reading that my mower is charging at about 8. Unhook jumper cables and the gauge immediately jumps to zero and stays are zero the entire time engine is running. Also can take it off charge after I get it cranked.(with gauge jumping back to zero). Immediatly shut it off try to start it again and absolutely nothing. I havent tried a new Batt yet. If it was the battery, with the engine running shouldnt the gauge show that its charging even if the battery is bad and not accepting a charge?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If the battery is not accepting a charge the gauge will show zero because it is not charging. It is showing a charge when hooked to the vehicle because it is recharging the vehicle battery.

RABALOO

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok, thanks for the reply!

Sounds like the rectifier is fried. Remove the wires from the block (two white and a violet) and check for continuity. If the jello is melted already don't bother checking it, just replace it.