Husqavarna RZ3016 engine problems..

reelton

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm working on my cousins mower with a B&S 31S8770001 G1 code 15111820. He was mowing and it shutoff and would not crank back up. I checked the spark at the plug and it has good spark. Checked the compression and it was around 80. Checked the valve adjustments and they are around .005. So I don't think I have a valve problem. I had a carburetor off my daughters JD110 with the basically same engine and used the Nikki carb. It cranked up ok. So I took the original carb apart and cleaned with carb cleaner, put back together and it cranked fine. I cut grass for about 20 minutes fine, then started acting up blowing black smoke like it was flooding out. So I just ordered another carb and replaced today. Cut grass for about an hour or so with no problems. I shut it down and then it would not crank. Pulled in to shop, pulled plug and checked sparkplug for spark and it was fine but noticed it was blowing an excessive gas spray out the plug hole. I noticed the fuel filter was full of gas, not partially full like normal. Disconnected the fuel line from Carb and it cranked up and emptied the bowl of gas. I connected the fuel line back up. It ran for a few minutes and the started sputtering again before shutting down. Now I figure I either still have carb problem with float not stopping fuel from filling the bowl too full, maybe a fuel pump problem pumping too hard. Can any0ne tell me about how much vacuum I should have at the pump, what should the fuel pump pressure be? Or any other good words of wisdom.

Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like carb problem by the float valve not shutting off and causing flooding and the fuel spray out of the spark plug hole. And the pump pressure on that type of engine is in the neighborhood of 1.5 psi.

reelton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I'll check the pressure and guess I'll pull the carb again. I would not think a new carb would do this but since all parts come from China, who knows.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the float valve should hold at around 4-5 psi without much difficulty. So the pump pressure is almost not important. Good fuel flow from the pump is a better indicator for pump performance.